Jodi Jones: Supplier & Goal Scorer.

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jodi Jones has become a vital part of our attacking threat.

How can we forget his assist and winning goal against Boreham Wood in the play off Semi-final.

This season he has 21 goal contributions in 24 appearances. He's become a very valuable  player for Notts.

Enjoy them all.

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Jodi Jones is a quality player, no doubt about it. One thing I want to see more from him is his commitment to win the ball back quickly.

When he used to come on from the bench, he looked like something really wanting to get stuck in and there has been times this season where defensively it seems to be a second though. I know he's capable of being someone who can do really well in all areas of the pitch and I say this not to be critical, it's just an observation I have made. He's a lot more committed to defending than Aaron Nemane, but the thing about Nemane is he looks awkward defending a lot of the time.

Jodi is more refined and capable of pressing enough to nick the ball back.

Watching him play has been a real joy and his efforts to always be at his best is appreciated, if I were the head coach I would be trying to encourage his defending. Look how he plays for Malta, it's all he seems to think about is winning the ball back. I know that's due to them being the underdogs in the majority of their games, but he's very good in all the departments on the pitch with the right focus.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Supporter+

I agree @Chris Jodi is great going forward and I would want that to change, but as good as he is going forward he has not been good defensively, I think that's been the case with most of the team. I knew Head Coach will probably want to change that.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

Jodi Jones is a fantastic talent to observe, he always seemed exceptional during his time at Coventry. Whenever we faced them, he would tear us apart and now that he’s at Meadow Lane, it’s just thrilling to see how he performs.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

It was remarkable how we persuaded Jodi Jones to join the National League. That’s a level of quality you wouldn’t typically expect, and seeing him sign here after impressing us was truly amazing. His comments about Luke Williams helping him enjoy his football spoke volumes to me. Despite the injuries he’s faced, his quality remains undeniable.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Jodi Jones has defensive skills, but it depends on his setup. I wouldn’t single him out, but I agree that he could improve in this area. Last season, he often regained possession, but now he’s up against tougher players which will be more challenging. He’s an incredible talent, but we need to work as a team to win the ball back. We’re lucky to have Jodi Jones, who can create magic when we need it most. He’s far more of a sensation and consistent than Ruben Rodrigues was.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Jodi Jones is a joy to watch, very comfortable with the ball at his feet and able to protect it. Stuart Maynard should make him eager to defend and get him in position to attack. He's a great asset to have, and I'm still surprised that he chose to join us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

I agree @AmericanPie Jodi is a gem.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

cal roberts was a special talent, unfortunately less after he kept getting injured but jodi jones is built of different stuff. he bounced back well and it might be unfair to compare roberts but i think jones has a natural desire to do well. he has a hunger which sometimes looks unhealthy but thankfully for us its that which often makes him a winnder. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Jodie deserves to play at a higher level, he’s too good for league 2 in my opinion, hopeful he can reach his level with Notts. 🤞 

Supporter+

Can Jodi continue his outstanding form for Notts under our new Head Coach, in our next game against Barrow at Meadow lane. Will Stuart expect Jodi to concentrate more on his defensive duties as a wing back too?

Both our wing backs, Jodi & Aaron Nemane if selected, will probably have to be more defensive minded from now on. We will see on Saturday.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

He's an absolute quality player, the stats say it all. Even when we're having an off-day, one of his crosses can unlock a defence, it's like having Beckham in your team.

This season we look a bit unbalanced in general, and in Jones and Nemane we have two wing-backs that would be more suitable as out-and-out wingers. That's a problem for the new head coach to solve, but IMO Jones is undroppable.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Jodi will be a key player for us against Barrow today. Will Stuart expect him to track back & help the defense when we lose possession?