Remembering Granny Pie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

A year ago today we lost @GrannyPie who a lot of members will remember for her kindness and gentle reprimands, if she thought it needed she’d threaten to get her sticks out. 😀

Our thoughts are with @super_ram @Chris and all the family today.

I hope you can get through the day with peaceful thoughts and happy memories.

• Love 8
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Thank you @Fan of Big ToneI've still got the walking sticks.They remind me of when I used to read PoN posts to her and her comments if she thought someone was stepping out of line.That brought a happy memory smile to my face.She would also always ask me if  there was any news about members who were ill or having any problems,then get me to post on her behalf.Thanks again for your support.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On Friday, myself, @cheeky~k8 and @CutiePie went to one of our favourite bands Bowling for Soup. It was a nice escape from the emotional thoughts of losing mum. There was a point when Jaret, the lead singer spoke about depression and you never been alone - encouraging fans to reach out to a friend. He then performed a solo acoustic version of 'Turbulence', man did that it me.

It's harder for my dad and the kids, I feel for my niece, Luna who only had a few short years with @GrannyPie but both made such an impact.

I had wrote a memorial article, but I'll save it for the future. It's not about attention, it's awful to lose a loved one but it's life. It's about honouring and remembering, so I am incredibly thankful for this post @Fan of Big Tone. I know mum meant a lot to the community, as does @super_ram.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Chris said:

It was a nice escape from the emotional thoughts of losing mum.

I think that’s a really good idea @Chris as you know we lost our son some years ago now and we always try to do something to escape from the emotional thoughts, hence our holiday to Lanzarote for the 12th Anniversary.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i have said it a few times before, i found pon via twitter. back then i was a very young teen and found myself unwelcome on it talking about notts. i had comments being very unpleasant, so i thought i would give this site a try.

@GrannyPie was very quick to make me feel at home, always did and I found myself having a lot of respect for her and @super_ram.

@Chris has also been very supportive, but its due to gp and super that I felt welcomed almost as if they actually knew me. as i grew older, i got to them gp and would chat on here and messenger. when i was involved in an accident at work, gp was the first outside my family to reach out to me.

i felt very saddened when i learned that gp has passed on.

i am thankful of her friendship, as i am with all of her family. they are all good people.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

It’s truly heartbreaking to hear this news. My sympathies are with the family. May Granny Pie find eternal peace.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Granny Pie was one of us. It was incredibly sad when she passed away. She was proud of @Chris and her grandchildren. @super_ram I'm sure the many happy memories are a comfort to you. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

It’s easy to underestimate the significant role online forums play in our lives and the impact of contributors who make it a place we enjoy visiting. I was deeply saddened when I heard about GP, as she seemed to be a delightful woman with a great sense of humour. My thoughts are with the PON family, not only the immediate members but everyone who has lost someone truly special.

• Love 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I can't pretend I knew Granny Pie, but I wish I had. She seemed like a lovely, spirited person who cared about others settling in. I feel terribly sorry for her family; it's such a sad loss, and you can tell how much she meant to people. That says a lot about her. I send my thoughts to the family, and I hope @super_ram can smile and raise a glass to Granny Pie.

• Like 1