is winning games now the only way to lift the notts camp?

like everyone else i am growing tired of all the complaining by fans, its nice that we can talk about things here and put perspective behind our thoughts. it feels on social media that everyone is soaking in the doom and gloom, that is probably just me but it certainly gets people talking on those types of sites. is winning games now the only way we can lift the spirit amongst the notts camp?

first time i have felt like some notts fans are picking at the brothers, club and players without much reason.

the trew and hardy era where very bleak and filled with false dawns and promises. i have faith in the reedtz, i just hope things improve so that we can go again next season. as i feel even if we managed to reach promotion we would struggle. we are not ready for league one football and some fans would just expect us to be in another promotion fight. instead we most likely wouldn't be doing that well against much better teams as things stand.

• Like 9

If someone had been able to predict where Notts would be at this point in League 2, being just 7 points behind a playoff place with a game in hand, I bet the majority of Notts fans would have taken it.

As far as the last 12 games are concerned, I believe Notts should just go for it and play to win every game till the end of the season.

At this stage of the season Notts should just score as many as they can and see where that takes us.

The only thing I would change is related to our defence. If in doubt kick it out and cut out trying to play it out every single time.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

It would help a lot if things could improve. I think the season feels over right now because of the poor results. If this can be turned around and Meadow Lane restored as the fortress we saw in the first part of the season, and continue the away performances, it would help. Fans really just need to step back and avoid being overly critical, discuss things but cut out the nonsense like calling out players, managers and owners. All these things don’t help. We have owners who obviously want the best for us, and they won’t always get things right, but that doesn’t warrant silly comments about them not having ambition when clearly they are the most ambitious owners we’ve had for decades.

• Like 9

Winning games from here on is the only way some fans will give Stuart Maynard more time. I think we need it just to see out the season. Most seem to only care when the club's winning, yet show a lack of support when it's needed. It doesn't help all these new fans we have obtained as of late; they are not accustomed to how things tend to be here.

• Like 7

It would be a huge help right now, but thankfully, the club has some fans who are showing their support in tough times rather than making things worse. Stuart Maynard really needs a win. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring his first home victory, and we can progress from there.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I’m worried that hard work is the only way to improve. Losing doesn’t help, and drawing matches doesn’t do much either. To come together, everyone must put in the effort, especially the players, to gain points. We can’t win every match, but we also shouldn’t be losing most of them.

• Like 5

The club can’t just ban everyone for having a negative or silly opinion. Every club has such fans, and we do live in a free country after all. It’s not like the club rules over us; it’s the other way around. Sure, there might be a few who deserve a ban and maybe should be made to watch Nottingham Forest instead, but those people aren’t Leigh Curtis. And no one at the club is going to pull a Ray Trew and ban someone just for disagreeing with them. Those days are over!

Can you imagine a more authoritarian move in football? Winning is crucial to change the mood, especially for Stuart Maynard. Some fans might need to manage their expectations, but winning games and maintaining a strong bond is key. The club hasn’t done enough to keep this connection alive. There’s plenty of talk at first, but then silence when problems arise. We don’t hear from the players after a loss, only when they win, which shows a lack of trust in the fans who want to hear from them. It’s a missed opportunity, in my opinion. It’s okay to protect the club’s image sometimes, but doing it all the time is not a good look.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

The club can’t just ban everyone for having a negative or silly opinion. Every club has such fans, and we do live in a free country after all. It’s not like the club rules over us; it’s the other way around. Sure, there might be a few who deserve a ban and maybe should be made to watch Nottingham Forest instead, but those people aren’t Leigh Curtis. And no one at the club is going to pull a Ray Trew and ban someone just for disagreeing with them. Those days are over!

Can you imagine a more authoritarian move in football? Winning is crucial to change the mood, especially for Stuart Maynard. Some fans might need to manage their expectations, but winning games and maintaining a strong bond is key. The club hasn’t done enough to keep this connection alive. There’s plenty of talk at first, but then silence when problems arise. We don’t hear from the players after a loss, only when they win, which shows a lack of trust in the fans who want to hear from them. It’s a missed opportunity, in my opinion. It’s okay to protect the club’s image sometimes, but doing it all the time is not a good look.

It was refreshing to see Sam put himself forward for an interview which turned out to be an excellent one 

We learned that the team want to do their absolute best for the club and supporters over the last 12 games.

They know what the problems have been, but are working hard to reduce them, & they still believe that  Notts have a chance for success this season.

• Like 2

I'm very willing to support Stuart Maynard, even though I'm overseas. I believe having a logical way of thinking is important. I can understand to some extent why some people are booing; it doesn't help, but people need to express their frustrations. However, it shouldn't go further than that. The only way to win over doubters is by winning games. I'm not sure what more Maynard can do. He appears to be making an effort, and I wouldn't say he's overwhelmed, but rather, he's trying to establish himself and make his mark on the team.

• Like 2

Winning is everything in football - string three wins together and everyone is smiling again. It is that simple.

People will always go over the top in their criticism, sometimes they're emotional and sometimes they get a kick out of it. But not all criticism is unjustified - we've gathered four points in eight games under SM, and our points average was very poor before that as well. We're relying on the points we gathered in September and October to keep us out of a relegation fight. To put that into perspective, since promotion was introduced from the Conference in 1987, no team has EVER gone straight back down. In fact, several have gone up again. Staying in League Two isn't an achievement, it's the barest of bare minimums.

This isn't a blip, we've had relegation form for half a season now. Stuart Maynard's job is to find a way to get us picking up points regularly, which in turn would give us something to build on for next season. It doesn't matter what he or anyone else says in interviews, when you reach a certain point you've heard it all before. Only wins will save his job and turn things around again.

What would be the answer you'd get from people who moan and groan about Notts? I pay my money and I'm entitled to my opinion. Yes of course you are but screaming for  the Managers head and being Toxic towards players helps No One. Do you remember back in the day, before the internet? Your team lost what would you do ? You and your mates would trudge down to the Pub, you'd have a couple of beers and questions would be asked. Why did we sign that defender? Couldn't tackle a wet paper bag.  Did you see that penalty? Twelve yards out and he puts it over the bar, my Granny could have scored from there. That's it I'm finished I'm not going to another match.  But the next Saturday home match you're there cheering your team on why? Because you've had time to calm down, look at things with a balanced view and with a bit of luck we might have won.

Then comes the Internet and the (Un) Social Media platforms arrive. Now after a match your emotions are running high the Red Mist comes down and you have your phone onto which you can Vent Your Anger at the Manager at certain players and at the Owners. All of your reason goes out of the  door and unfortunately that's the way things are now days and it's something we all have to live with, sometimes advanced technology is a Curse as well as a  Boon. 

Sorry for rambling on guys but there are times when I need to get stuff off my chest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Winning is everything in football - string three wins together and everyone is smiling again. It is that simple.

People will always go over the top in their criticism, sometimes they're emotional and sometimes they get a kick out of it. But not all criticism is unjustified - we've gathered four points in eight games under SM, and our points average was very poor before that as well. We're relying on the points we gathered in September and October to keep us out of a relegation fight. To put that into perspective, since promotion was introduced from the Conference in 1987, no team has EVER gone straight back down. In fact, several have gone up again. Staying in League Two isn't an achievement, it's the barest of bare minimums.

This isn't a blip, we've had relegation form for half a season now. Stuart Maynard's job is to find a way to get us picking up points regularly, which in turn would give us something to build on for next season. It doesn't matter what he or anyone else says in interviews, when you reach a certain point you've heard it all before. Only wins will save his job and turn things around again.

We played well enough against Wimbledon to get a result out of that game. Two defensive errors cost us once again. It's obvious we need a "Killer Kilcline'" clone or two in our defence, to boss opposing forwards at this level. 

Just imagine the two Brians, Brian Stubbs and a Brian Kilcline would do for this team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If we beat Salford that would be two wins on the bounce and three games unbeaten. A little run would do no end for the atmosphere at the Lane. This place would be rocking again.