community

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

community is something that makes a difference, you see it on facebook, twitter where pockets of fans look out for each other and its no different on pon. its very important, i know it is to some of the others i know here. we dont just discuss notts but we get to know each other through the comments and that might take some by surprise but i would always encourage a community that supports each other than one that turns against itself.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

We don’t realise the value of something until we have it. Becoming a moderator taught me a lot, especially during tough times like the site’s hacking incident. I appreciate being able to discuss things calmly here, without feeling hopeless or as if everyone is against the club. Community and the Pride of Nottingham are very important.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree it’s very important to try to create a community feel and to look out for each other, the more we get to know each other the less likely there is to be disagreements and upsets such as you see on other online forums and social media in general.

I’ve always tried to generate posts that are more general topics like “weekend chat” etc., it helps to create a feeling of community, although this forum is primarily about football related stuff there is still room to chat about other things that bring us closer together.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Days Won:  165
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think it is important @liampie to continue to develop the PON community where everyone can contribute and their opinion is valued and respected, even though we may disagree at times.

I don't think that you get that sense of connection on some Facebook boards and X.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

PON has always fostered a sense of unity. It’s heartening to see people transition from being shy to fully participating. When this happens, it’s a sign that things are moving in the right direction. During our early journeys, @liampie, @TheSkipper, and I discussed how we could foster a stronger bond, not just among us, but within the community as a whole.

We’ve been lucky to have been cared for, so we make it a point to look after others as a necessity. There have been many highs and lows, which have brought most people closer together. That’s when we’re at our strongest. When we saw the surge of returning members, especially @Fan of Big Tone, the importance of this became even clearer.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

As an observer, I can see that there are groups of people who obviously know each other, but unlike other communities, it’s not divisive or that they see themselves as superior. It’s about people getting along and making everyone feel welcome, which is refreshing to see. Communities are all about this, when you see people enjoying themselves and continuing the conversation, it’s wonderful.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

I’m only acquainted with one person here, so I feel a bit on the outskirts, but numerous members have given me a warm welcome. This welcoming attitude is clearly ingrained in the existing community, but it can still be intimidating for newcomers. You need to keep an open mind, as there’s a learning curve when using any website, and I believe it’s worth persevering here.

The team members I’ve interacted with have all been fantastic. I aspire to become fully integrated within the community and will do my part to make that happen.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I've been part of forums before, and they often make you feel invisible, with just one or two friendly folks. Even on small sites, like a niche one for long-distance drivers with around 50 active members, it was unexpectedly hostile and unfriendly to beginners. I eventually gave up on it. Community matters, as does a positive online environment (PON), and I miss posting when I can't be online. While I may not know many well, those I feel acquainted with are the ones who contribute to making this site a welcoming place.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,139
  • Days Won:  17

I find it refreshing that even if a member on the PON site disagrees with your opinion they don't jump down your throat, you can have a sensible conversation a back and forward chat . As being fairly new to the site it's been nice that I have been afforded a warm welcome by everyone and the comments regarding my article Loan Players Good or Bad ? was most pleasing. Thankyou One and All.

• Like 1
  • Love 2