Are you proud to be a PON member?

When I was invited to become a moderator and accepted, I felt not only proud to be asked but also motivated to make a difference, so I joined Twitter. I mainly retweet and comment, I’m not the most active user, but it’s a good platform to connect with fans. It’s more about motivation for me. However, I’ve mentioned in my Twitter bio that I’m a moderator, in the hope that fans will see it and consider visiting the site.

If you’re a fan of PON, one way to show your support is by adding the Pride of Nottingham’s social media account to your own socials. You could even leave a comment suggesting others to visit the site. If you don’t have a website, you might consider linking to your own profile or to the community.

It’s crucial to attract more visitors to the site. I understand not everyone will do this, but I’d recommend it. It’s a common practice among people my age to recognise the communities they’re part of.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

You know, I need to update my Twitter bio and include a link to my PON blog. I didn’t post my latest blog and I asked the boss not to do it for me because I wanted to see how far it could reach and if readers would share it. I write out of love, not for views and clicks. While comments are nice, I’m proud to be here.

I’ll think about this idea and see how I can contribute. Young supporters should know they’re welcome here and won’t be turned away.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I would always urge people to sign up and participate. If you appreciate thoughtful debates and a platform that doesn’t permit unwarranted behaviour, then this is an excellent site. Regrettably, I’m not active on Twitter. I merely read it, and even then, the restrictions make it challenging. I won’t set up an account just to read people’s opinions.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

i used to post to others and sometimes i do but i think there is an element of people thinking they are back at school and cant speak to people with a low follow count and stuff like that. i much prefer facebook but i will see about what i can do with my bio and how to help pon. i only really use twitter to engage with pon and encourage others to get involved.

those open to commenting and just embracing views are good to see tho.

• Love 2

Of course

• Like 3

Supporter+

This place is one of two places you can have a sensible conversation about Notts, the other is the Notts County mailing list but sadly that’s not very active now.

I do have a Twitter and Facebook account but to be honest it’s depressing trying to have a sensible conversation with some Notts fans on those platforms so I don’t generally bother.

I will always try to promote PoN whenever I can.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I prefer PON because you can have a sensible and grown up conversation on here and everyone treats each other with respect. Something that is sadly lacking at times on X & Facebook.

More than anything else I just love being part of this Community and I'm always looking to contribute to the site.

I'm on X and Facebook and am active on those two social media sites, but it can be a minefield at times and I know they are not everyone's cup of tea.

I will always try to promote PON on those sites too.

• Like 1

I’m really happy to be a member and I enjoy having meaningful chats and debates about Notts. It’s great that we can discuss topics beyond the club, without objections from those who believe a site should only focus on its main subject. I don’t use social media much, I keep it for personal matters and I wouldn’t think about discussing the club there, considering how some people can behave. It’s just not worth the trouble.

• Like 1