EFL L2 awards

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,982
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Big congrats to Jodi and Macca!!!

I think I have recorded for #Notts scouting dossier this season Keillor Dunn Flint, Demetriou and Okonkwo! ...edit and adding Rob Apter!

• Like 7

• Content Count:  8,397
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jodi winning the best player award and both Jodi and Macca winning places in the team of the season are both richly deserved.

Our attacking unit at Notts has been such a big positive for the club and both players acknowledged the support of their teammates in getting those awards.

The Club has something to be really proud of after the disapointment of making the playoffs this season .

I do hope that Notts will offer both players improved contracts to try to keep them, but if they do want to leave in the summer, although it will be dissapointing, they both deserve to play in a higher league, and I'm sure not many Notts supporters would be grudge them that opportunity.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,310
  • Days Won:  17

Absolutely right Robbie both Macca and Jodie deserve all the Accolades  bestowed on them. Both players have shown their class since pulling on the Black & White Stripes of Notts County and to lose One  or Both will be a Massive Blow to the Club, but there can't be any hard feelings should they seek Pastures New next season, both deserve to be able to display their Talents at a Higher Level. Macca I'm pretty sure can play in the Championship and Jodi maybe as well. It would be a shame to loose them to a League 1 team when they could stay at the Lane in hope of the Magpies getting Promoted next season.  But then again both are in their mid Twenties and the chance of playing further up the Footballing Pyramid and the financial benefits they'd receive may prove to be to  much of a bigger temptation.

Macca to Derby or Swansea  while Jodi may also benefit from playing under Luke Williams again? Who knows? I've still got a strange feeling in the back of my mind that there's an outside chance Wrexham will put in a Bid for Both of them. And to put things into prospective could the signing of Alassana Jatta be a move by the Owners  because they know or are expecting to lose Macca during this coming off season and the Jatta signing was to give Alassana time to adjust to playing for Notts so he wouldn't Go into the New Season cold? Since AJ was signed in January he's done his settling in period and adjusting to a life in a New Country, which means he'll be more than Ready for the New Season.

• Like 5

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I think that it will probably be a Championship club that will probably bid for them. It would make sense to have them both in a package deal, 

Wrexham might be an interesting choice for them to go. Interestingly Notts could negotiate a deal that might include a swap deal plus cash for Macaulay and Jodi in exchange for a couple of Wrexham defenders or the same sort of deal could apply to Stockport too. 

Stockport were brutal when they left the NL by bringing in new players for league 2 when they got promoted, so they may also be attracted to a swap deal with Notts too 

Notts need two or three good defenders, a goalie and a defensive midfielder so there could be room for negotiation with both those promoted clubs.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

I’d have given the manager of the season to either Pete Wild or Lee Bell because I think their current position is more impressive given their resources. Mansfield, with the quality and investment have finished roughly where I’d expect them too.

Player is harder to judge as I only get to see the Notts players on a regular basis but I’m very pleased it's been awarded to Jodi. From that team of the year awards the two who stick in my memory are Rob Apter who terrorised us away at Tranmere and Louis Reed in midfield for Mansfield.

As for what the future holds, well there were rumours about Jodi being a target for Wrexham at the start of the season. Only the Wrexham board will know how true they were but I can see a lot of clubs being interested in Jodi after the season he’s had.

I think it all comes down to what Jodi wants to do, he’s only got one year left on his contract come the end of the season. If he doesn’t want to sign a longer contract with us I think we’d be better offer selling him then letting him go on a free. Obviously, I hope he does sign an extension at the end of the season with us. We'd be mad not to offer him one!

Langstaff signed a new contract at the start of the season until 2027 so I can’t see a new deal for him anytime soon. I don't think Wrexham would bid for him though. It would cost them a lot and they've already got Mullin who pretty much plays his role. Phil Parkinson likes to partner Mullin with a big forward upfront so I think Wrexham will be looking for a younger version of Ollie Palmer for them next season.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

In my opinion, Dan Crowley was more consistent and crucial throughout the season. Jodi Jones is an excellent player, but wingers often have an easier time getting assists, and he fits our style of play well. I don’t mean to downplay the significant number of goals he’s created, but I’m trying to provide some perspective. It’s always encouraging to see any of our players recognised, especially Macaulay Langstaff.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its great to see notts players being named in the efl team of the season. i hope we can repeat it this upcoming campaign as it shows the direction we are heading. having better players and ones who connect with the club has gone a long way to restoring the pride which those players who relegated us ruined.

• Like 3

Supporter+

What the price of some of our players in this Notts rebuilt team get an EFL award next season? If the new season goes well I am sure we will see some. Agree?👍

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Notts could potentially see a few more of their players making it into the team of the year for the forthcoming season. I reckon we stand a good chance of securing a few spots but we will have to wait to see.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

It’s fantastic to see Macaulay Langstaff and Jodi Jones in the team of the year. It would be wonderful to see a few more players make it next season. Regardless of what happens, I just want all the players to excel for themselves.

• Like 1

• liampie unfeatured this topic