Notts are building a side to challenge for promotion.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,397
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Another addition to our defence tonight. Notts are building a side that can challenge for promotion next season.

Our defence clearly needed strengthening and now we have two players that will make Notts much tougher in defence 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Robbie changed the title to Notts are building a side to challenge for promotion.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's a very good signing, it really does look as if Notts are aiming to sort the defence out ahead of other priorities. A solid signing in goal would go a long way towards building excitement for the new season, but on the bases we have captured two of the best options for the CB positions.

Bedeau is an excellent defender; he's one of those who is just very steady, and I think his potential makes the deal the most exciting aspect.

I know previously, Bolton were one of few clubs that had shown interest in him, and he did excellently during his time at Morecambe. This is one of those signings which really gives me more hope that we will be much better defensively.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Supporter+

Two excellent signings for Notts and Notts are putting together what looks on paper as a team that can challenge for promotion next season 

In addition to Matty Platt Notts have signed Jacob Bedeau after he left Morecambe.

Our defensive frailties last season was plain to see now these two new players will hopefully make us much tighter at the back 

Personally, I would like to see a tenacious defensive midfielder come in to support the new two defencemen & an experienced 30 something goalkeeper.

I must say, I am quite excited now for our prospects for the coming season.

I eagerly await the the next signings.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This is a significant acquisition for Notts, especially considering he could have made the leap to League One. His ambition, likely spurred by ending up at the bottom of the table, is probably why he wanted to move on. He’s been an excellent player for Morecambe and at just 24 years old, he could become a crucial part of the defence for the foreseeable future. I’m thrilled with the signing, Notts must have moved swiftly to secure it!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I’m pleased with the arrival. Although I don’t know much, his experience at this level and his reputation as a good defender suggest that the move to Meadow Lane will be successful. I believe we’ve signed two of the best possible options, so I’m very happy.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

This is a good signing for Notts. He has a lot of experience and we can provide him with a platform to truly excel. If we make the right decisions, the players we recruit this summer could be the difference between finishing in the same position as last season and potentially moving up to League One.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i am very happy with seeing us focus on the defence, we have great options up top and that area just needs a little work. defensively is the main area and goal, so pleased to see us sign someone like jabob bedeau who has the ability to do well at this level.

• Like 5

Supporter+

I think that a back three of Matty Platt, Jacob Bedeau, & Lewis Macari, with Kyle Cameron plus Mahovo in reserve, looks good on paper. 

I would like to see Kyle fight for a place in the side because I believe he is one of our most influential players & a senior member of the squad.

Matt Palmer coming back will be like a new signing, & to have a player such like Matt coming back is a dream come true.

I can already see a midfield trio of Palmer, Robertson & Crowley plus Austin & Sanderson fitting in very nicely, 

And what about Langstaff, Jatta, McGoldrick, Scott or Morias upfront with Nemane & Jones or Chicksen on the flanks. The squad is beginning to look very healthy indeed.

A few more additions, a goalkeeper, a midfielder & a wingback would do nicely.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,310
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie an Older Player to keep the Younger players Calm and Focused when things don't go to plan, would be a Welcome addition to the Squad.

An EFL Experienced Goalkeeper, someone young Brookes could look up to and Learn From.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Agree @Wheelbarrow repair man

I good experienced thirty something goalkeeper would fit well into this side right now.

I remember you mentioning Kaspar Schmeichel in another thread. Someone with his type of experience is what Notts need right now.

Another goalkeeper who's contract runs out in July is 34 year old Wigan goalkeeper and former Man Utd player, Ben Amos.who has plenty of experience around the Leagues.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,310
  • Days Won:  17

Kasper would be a Dream Come True @Robbie and realistically I think it would take some sort of Miracle  Getting Back Him Back Down The Lane. As you have stated a Keeper of plenty of Experience is needed to pass on Tips and help develop young Keepers such as Tiernan Brookes. That's No Disrespect to the Notts Goalkeeping Coach Steve Collis but an Experienced Keeper playing matches on a regular basis will know all about Pressures and how to cope with them while being  involved in playing a League 2 Match.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

I'm not disagreeing with either of you here @Robbie & @Wheelbarrow repair man but isn't the experienced and older goalkeeper Slocombe though? He's 36 and has played nearly 400 games! Surely we don't need another keeper coming in at the end of his career. I'd hope we'd be looking for a keeper in his prime that can potentially be our keeper for a good number of years.

Edited by menzinho

Supporter+

@menzinho I get what you are saying and Slocombe does have the experienced but you can never say that he looks solid between the sticks & he's not comfortable on the ball.

Someone in their late 20s or early 30s who is a GOOD all round goalkeeper, who is comfortable playing as a  goalkeeper sweeper and can distribute the ball. That's what Notts need.

The Club has high hopes for Brooks and he may be ready to take the reins in another 12 months.

I think it's worth the cost to pay for a  type of goalkeeper how I've described, because it is such an important position nowadays.