Can anyone help me out (health related)

Since last Sunday evening/Monday morning I've had trouble breathing out. 

It's taking a lot of effort to breathe out. My heart feels like it's beating quickly and sometimes I don't even manage to breathe out properly.

I did vape once last Saturday, but I don't think it's that because it's been a week now and I've only ever done it once before. I do have asthma, but that has been settled for a few years and my inhaler hasn't made a difference to these breathing difficulties.

I'm thinking it may be my anxiety, but a panic attack shouldn't last this long. 

The only way I seem to overcome it is if I do a big yawn. I went to the doctors and the doctor checked my blood pressure, my pulse, temperature and checked my heart beat and chest for when I breathe in and out, and he reassured me that things were ok.

Has anyone had anything like this before and what is a solution? Thank you

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

@ARLukomski please go see a doctor to make sure you are properly looked after, i would hate for something to be seriously wrong with you. it could be anxiety, maybe asthma or both. it could be something else, but we can only guess and a dr would be able to check you over. its best to be safe, i know sometimes we feel like we are wasting their time but they are paid to look after us. please ask for check up. best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

If you are still very concerned, I would go to A&E . Could a chemical in the vape have triggered something in the body's breathing ability? Hospital may run an ECG to double check the heart rhythms and to look for hypertensions? Wishing you well

• Like 6

Supporter+

As others have said you need to get medical help if you can’t get in at the doctors go to A&E, it may be nothing but it could be serious. 

• Like 8

You need to seek medical advice from a doctor, if it's terrible go to the A&E or drop in centre.

Don't cope with struggling, but try not to stress about it. The main thing is to find out what is actually going on, what it might be and what you can do to help. I think most Notts fans and people in general would encourage you to see a medical professional.

PS. When dealing with stress, try other means to relax. I find listening to music to help me but everyone is different, I wouldn't recommend vaping.

• Like 6

@ARLukomski Did your doctor give you any advice or tell you anything at all to help you cope. You sound like you are having a panic/anxiety attack. Make a note of when and where these episodes occur and try and work out why they happen. Sit down, try to relax, take deep breathes and exhale slowly. Is there anything in your life causing you concern. If things don't improve go back to the doctor and explain how you feel and ask for more help. I hope this helps 

• Like 6

My wife as C.O.P.D which comes under the DYSPENA  umbrella as it were. You may want to check  to see if you have Symptoms of that. There are videos on you tube which list symptoms and how you can help yourself with coping with C.O.P.D.

Reading what your Doctors done, you may need to get your Lungs fully checked out X-Rayed. With you Vaping there may be some Vaping residue in your Lungs which may mean this is why you're struggling.

Don't smoke or vape or breath in second hand smoke from friends that smoke. Stay away from Bonfires or open fires. This is what my wife was told.

Good Luck @ARLukomski Hope Everything Goes Well For You. Please if you have the time, keep us all up to Date.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Supporter+

Go to A & E mate. 

• Like 4

No one is going to disagree, mate. Go get yourself checked out and start recovering. I hope it's something that will get better with a little care. Please let us know how you get on.

• Like 6

Are you worried about something? Stress can affect anxiety, as you've explained. If it's happening all the time, then it's probably not just a panic attack. But you might be showing signs of one. It's best to get checked out, mate. I hope it's nothing serious.

• Like 5

Have you consulted a doctor? It’s crucial not to underestimate the significance of regular health check-ups. The Notts community genuinely cares about your well-being, so please reassure me that you’ve sought professional advice. While anxiety is undoubtedly serious, I hope the issue isn’t more concerning.

• Like 2

Imagine, if you will, that I donned a doctor’s coat (alas, it’s purely imaginary). In my whimsical office, adorned with rubber chickens and a stethoscope that plays jazz tunes, I’d address your health concerns with utmost seriousness. :) 

I recommend visiting your GP first. They can assess your situation, and if it seems more serious, then consider going to A&E. Speaking to a doctor is essential, as going directly to the hospital might be unnecessary if it’s related to anxiety.