England or Notts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Which would leave you more gutted, England losing in a final or Notts losing in a play off final and not getting promoted?

I was thinking about this as England lost tonight and although I was disappointed I wasn’t as gutted as I would have been had Notts lost in the play off final.

What about you?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,287
  • Days Won:  17

Notts Losing a Playoff Final With Out A Shadow Of A Doubt. I Remember the Feelings my whole Family and Self had when the Magpies got Beat by Harrogate in the Behind Doors Final during Covid. To this Day My Youngest Son still says if the Magpies had had the Fans Behind Them, that Day they would have Won and Gone Straight Back Into The EFL.

• Like 6

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Of course I would be more gutted if Notts lost a playoff final and failed to get promoted.

But it is disappointing that England failed to win Euro 24 after having such an excellent opportunity to win it.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

notts easily.

i like watching major tournaments england are in and i do hope that one day in my life time that they win something, but notts is far more important to me. i am far more hopeful that notts will make it to the championship or higher, even if its just for one season. otherwise i am content just seeing notts aiming to go further.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

My heart belongs to Notts, through and through. While I hold a deep affection for my country and the national team, my allegiance is with my club. England is not short of fervent supporters, but my county needs my backing. :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Robbie 

I agree, it feels like this was a huge missed opportunity.

Me personally I would be more gutted about England losing a final. Last night I wasn't too gutted because I had low expectations going in to the tournament and Spain were by far the better team in the tournament and it proved to be closer than I would have thought. 

However, when England lost to Italy in the Euros final 3 years ago that really hurt. It was devastating to lose on penalties.

The other reason I'd say England losing a final is that, there is the long wait of 2 years to go again in a major tournament, if they qualify, where as in club football you go again a few months later for a whole season and another shot. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,502
  • Days Won:  15

The club should invariably take precedence over the country. Any individual who prioritises England over Notts may not be as fervent a fan as most ought to be. If you’re a Notts supporter from England, you should consistently support your country. However, I believe it would be debatable for a fan to place them ahead of Notts.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I just feel that the England side will always be at a disadvantage the way that the PL is allowing so many foreign players to dominate our top league, when Countries like Spain & Germany favour their home grown players as a percentage of their Premier League squads.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1999-2004/5 I was very England focused, more so than Notts.

It was difficult after my grandfather died to get to Notts games, still at school. I mostly checked on scores for Notts, but I wasn't as focused on them. I would watch Match of the Day religiously, and it was something we did as a family. Admittedly, I was still very much into Arsenal at this stage. So, England was an easy way to watch football, and we had big names that gave me the hope that we could do well in a major tournament.

Not that the golden generation ever delivered this, but it was great seeing the likes of David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Alan Shearer etc.

I used to also always wear my England coat, and/or shirts.

Now I am more focused on Notts, as I have aged I realise that football is more enjoyable to have that belief but to find more enjoyment from league football. So, I would choose Notts easily over England, but I care about them both.

• Like 1