This day in 1964

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

On this day in 1964 Goldfinger was released.

What is your favourite James Bond Movie?

Who is your favourite James Bond?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,137
  • Days Won:  17

Realistically there is only one James Bond, and in my Opinion it was Sean Connery. I don't think any of the other Actors who have played the part even came close. As it's said Sean Connery is James Bond.

However my Favourite  Bond Movie is Timothy Dalton's second outing as 007. A License To Kill. It was a Very Dark Type of Film compared to Bond's other outings and much more serious than the more light hearted  and slightly more comedic  approach of Roger Moore when he played the part.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I really enjoyed “Goldfinger” and Sean Connery as James Bond. I’m not as much of a fan of Daniel Craig. I preferred Pierce Brosnan in the role.

Roger Moore was also a good James Bond.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Not surprisingly, my favourite Bond is Sean Connery. It's like the books were written for Connery. His portrayal of Bond, his wicked wit, his toughness, ruthlessness, quick thinking & his unique charm as a ladies man was probably what Ian Fleming would have loved.

Gert Frobe, who played Goldfinger acted the architypal villain so well, & both Connery & Frobe as hero & villain made the movie special, ably supported by  Harold Sakata as Odd Job, Bernard Lee as M, Desmond Llewellyn as Q, Honor Blackman as ***** Galore & Shirley Eaton as Jill Masterson, the women who was painted Gold.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

One of the best. I enjoy Moonraker, but I do like my sci-fi. Roger Moore was also a very good James Bond. I also liked Sean Connery, but I couldn’t choose between them.

• Like 4

Another interesting thing about Goldfinger, the theme tune was sung by Shirley Bassey, which in my opinion is up there with the Best Bond Movie Theme Songs.

I remember Paul McCartney ( who fronted his band Wings at the time) Sang the title song in the Roger Moore Bond Movie Live And Let Die. And during a live Wings performance McCartney had placed a small explosive charge in his piano, so when he sang Live And Let Die and when a certain note was hit the Piano would explode, causing what he hoped would be an exciting and spectacular moment  for the Crowd. Unfortunately the Explosive was much stronger than McCartney realized and he was blown across the stage suffering some injuries.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

The oldies are very good, but Tomorrow Never Dies is my favourite. As for actors, I don’t mind most. It’s much easier to like those who played James Bond than it is these days to like those who play characters like Dr Who.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

The signature tune for Goldfinger is dramatic & the perfect intro for the Film. Shirley Bassey voice is just perfection, the way she sings it 

I liked Live & Let die. I think it was Roger Moore's best Bond Film. There again the Signature tune was perfect for the film too.

I've watched a couple of the modern Bond films with Daniel Craig, but for me the action is too fast & the AI generated action sequences are too unbelievable for me. Would Bond really survive some of those stunts?

• Like 1

Over the years I 've most  watched  most Bond films, but the only Daniel Craig one was Sky Fall. Invisible Cars, Wimpy Actors being given the roles such as, Q  when the original Actor either retired or passed away. Mind you I didn't mind Judi Dench in Sky Fall, but I think the rest of her appearances as M left a lot to be desired. Poorly written scripts trying to carry the MESSAGE and as it's been stated by @Robbie over the Top AI Stunts put them all together and NAH James Bond it's Not for Me any more.

Anyway how Old is James Bond Now? He must be in his 90's so he should be shuffling around in carpet slippers, baggy pants and a Cardigan with holes in the elbows. His teeth would be kept in a glass at the side of his bed and maybe he could still chase after Women, but now he Can't Remember Why. And what would his Evil opponent say to him Now? You Smell Of Wee Mr Bond.

• Haha 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Getting back to the serious side, lots of films now feature the action hero.

Gerard Butler films such as "Olympus has fallen", "London has fallen", & the modern Mission impossible franchise have all kind of copied the James Bond scenario.

Now these type of films are just trying to out do each other for spectacular action shots & quick action.

But there is a lack of character with the hero of the film, lack of a story line.

The Die hard films went the same way, with the first one being the best, with Alan Rickman playing the classic baddie

That's my take anyway.

How about going back to the original Bond films with character actors & a storyline you can follow.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I need to watch them all again as an adult, the older ones I haven't seen all since I was a young teen. I remember when I was young, thinking Papa Shango was the same character from a James Bond film, who wrestled for the WWF (now WWE).

Gj4w1Dn.jpeg

😂😂😂

It turns out, the gimmick is based on Baron Samedi.

I really liked the film the character was in, but honestly, I wouldn't be able to say which one it was. I know, Richard Kiel played Jaws in 'The Spy That Loved Me' and 'Moonraker', I very loosely remember them.

I wasn't a huge fan of Daniel Craig, but the films he's been in have grown on me.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

never seen any of them, i might have seen clips and bits but never watched one all the way through. i used to find watching films for long periods hard if the subject was not something i really liked. a secret agent is not quite my thing, but i will give them a watch at some point.

• Like 2