Welcome to Notts Josh Martin.

Robbie

Supporter+

• Like 6
  • Love 3

JJ replacement if he's out injured? Hope not 🤞🤞

I don't know much about the kid, hopefully he can be a good addition to the squad - go on Josh! 

• Like 10

Supporter+

Josh is primarily a winger, so it looks like Jodi may be out for a time, but we will need clarification from the Club about that.

Looks like Josh is here primarily till January, but I'm sure that deal could be extended if he makes an impression & figures in the first team.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@Robbie Still nice & young as well, let's see what he can offer to the squad, think we needed another winger before injuries anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He looks like a very good signing. He’s a young talent who had something about him to get Norwich interested, but he needs to find a good level of form to get into our squad. His previous experience doesn’t count for much, but I do think it’s an exciting signing.

• Like 10

Supporter+

• Like 1
  • Love 4

It’s a good signing, and I am encouraged to see him play for us. I will be mindful that players of this nature do tend to be inconsistent. Yet, there’s no doubt potential there, and at our level, he should be a boost. I think the arrival of Josh Martin is a good move by the club to cover the injuries.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

As a former Arsenal and then Norwich youngster he'll have been coached in a style that will be very similar to ours. I've no doubt he's technically good enough. He did well on loan at Doncaster a few seasons in league 1 by all accounts but hasn't really pushed on since then.

It's got to be a positive that Pompey, a team pushing for the Championship at the time, extended his contract for the whole season after also signing him short term like we've done.

I think he just needs a chance and with the injuries to Scott, Edwards and Jones he'll probably get it. I'd love him to turn into another gem!

• Like 8

It’s reassuring to see the club addressing the injury situation by bringing in new talent. Josh Martin appears to be a promising addition. With his Premier League experience and having been part of a title-winning squad at Portsmouth, he brings a winning mentality. His youthfulness suggests he’ll be keen to make his mark at this level.

Whether he ends up playing on the wing or in a more central role under Maynard’s strategy, his presence should bolster our attacking options. Given that it’s a short-term contract, he’ll need to make an immediate impact. This move could prove to be quite astute.

• Like 7

I am pleased that we have signed cover. I don’t think we need to worry too much about Jodi Jones until solid news comes out. We don’t know if this signing is to give us cover to free up someone to play more frequently as a striker despite primarily being a winger.

Yes, it does look like he’s been signed with Jodi in mind, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s a long-term thing because his injury will keep him out for months. Had he signed a 2 or 3-year deal then maybe, but not as a short-term signing. That seems more to be about the club assessing him.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

It’s what we needed, as we can’t afford not to have attacking options on the bench. His age means there’s something there that is ready to play but also potential to unearth a player that just needs to settle within a first-team environment. League Two and One might be more his standard right now.

So, it could be a good signing, but I don’t read much into the Premier League starts. It’s good but not something to go on about.

• Like 6

Josh Martin looks like a sensible signing, one which could pay off. If he doesn’t cut it, it’s only a short-term deal. Every player in our squad has to be motivated, and I think we have a squad that can help new recruits settle in and perform well. If we look at George Abbott, he has grown quite a lot since his debut for us.

• Like 4

Having now seen him in action, he looks like he could be a handy little player for us.. He had a opportunity to shoot but opted to pass, would've like to have seen him shoot in that position. 

He did have a couple of shots that was closed down. 

As soon as we scored he grabbed that ball to push for the winner, that's the attitude we want.

• Like 4

Sounds like a sensible and promising signing, the kind of diamond in the rough we've done well with in recent years. With us losing Nemane and now, for a few weeks, JJ, he'll have a good chance to impress.

• Like 3

I didn’t think he did much, but it was a tough game for him to come into. I think some of our fans are hyping him up a bit, as he really didn’t do much at all. In my opinion, some of the players who went off did better, but that’s alright because it gives Martin something to work on.

He didn’t have much time to make an impact, so if we play better, it would give us a clearer idea of his abilities.

• Like 2

Yes, welcome to Josh. I don't  know that much about him but I think I remember seeing him on the EFL highlights programme last season for Portsmouth,  which must be a good thing, he must have done something good to be on the highlights programme,  I'm guessing?

• Like 2

he will grow into the team, george abbott needed a full game under him to fully come into the squad and now he looks difficult to be dropped. so, i look forward to seeing more of josh martin. welcome to meadow lane, josh!

• Like 1

Supporter+

Stuart may spring a surprise against Carlisle & play Martin from the start, however I think he will be on the bench once again.