We have A New Striker Today

4everapie

Could be a success at L1.He was injured a lot while at Derby so 4everapie could be right,He may want to prove a point though.Good luck to him.

Could easily go either way. Loans are always a risk. While he has spent a long time in the championship, will his age count against him. The will to impress could be offset by him just wanting one last paycheck.

He will scare the crap out of defenders at any level with his pace and more than anything else we will have an out ball to relieve the pressure, I think he will get a hat full for us and hopefully we can keep him until the end of the season as his pace & directness will give us a proper spearhead in attack, I just wish we could play him up front with Jimmy Spencer as they would really give us an extra edge, now all we need is to keep Kyle Dixon in front of Andre Showboat and hopefully we will now start putting some pride back into Notts County

Prove at Championship level is pushing it, he's a good signing in my opinion. If he can help us that's a different story, we won't need him if he doesn't get the service but this Saturday is vital to turn things around. The clubs done well here! Now Tyson might have been somewhat 'quiet' in the Championship but at League One he did very well, especially with our rivals across the river.

COYP!

Another good idea, but lets hope SD will accommodate him with a 442 formation. Playing him up front on his own wont work, speed or no speed. I fail to see why we persist with the formation when it obviously doesn't work. maybe time to drop Mac?

Supporter+

I am hoping this will be a masterstroke by Derry, he's not played a lot of first team football so I hope he has been keeping fit and is still sharp.

He will scare the crap out of defenders at any level with his pace and more than anything else we will have an out ball to relieve the pressure, I think he will get a hat full for us and hopefully we can keep him until the end of the season as his pace & directness will give us a proper spearhead in attack, I just wish we could play him up front with Jimmy Spencer as they would really give us an extra edge, now all we need is to keep Kyle Dixon in front of Andre Showboat and hopefully we will now start putting some pride back into Notts County

Yes, well said. Tyson should be a gem. I am happy for the youngsters to feature, especially if this means we can feature certain loaned players.

I think this a good signing, a quality player, I would like to see 2 strikers Saturday, hopefully him and Appiah up front.

Jurgen - I'd like to see 2 strikers, which is why I don't want, or expect, to see "Happy Hour" (ever again, preferably). He is absolutely garbage, a complete and utter waste of a shirt in this League and in our position.

Why on Earth anyone thought he would be of use to us God alone knows. He looks about 12, he wouldn't know the goal was without a map and compass (has he ever ventured into the penalty area yet?) & he would struggle to get in Carlton Town's side. In short, he's cr@p, the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Tyson was good up to about 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high there either. If he lasts 25 minutes it will be a bonus! The odds are that he'll play 1 game and be out for the next 6, his hamstrings have gone. Weird signing, just plain weird, the bloke is a walking injury waiting to happen. If, by some miracle, we can keep him fit then I'd agree, potentially a quality signing - but it just looks bizarre at the moment. Doubt any other Club would touch him.

It would have helped Tyson if he hadn't joined Derby, though his struggles with injuries and fitness really stems from his Forest days.

Right now we can't really judge Tyson either way, yet personally I think he will do a job for us. Just because he hasn't played much football doesn't mean he isn't fit, it would be odd if we had signed him knowing he wouldn't be able to feature much, especially after letting Enoch go out on loan.

Fitness is the biggest issue by far. If the rumour that he hasn't completed a full 90 for a year and a half is true then will he really be what we need at the moment?

I hope so I really do, but the question needs asking. Maybe he could get a hat trick on Saturday as an answer!

Fitness is the biggest issue by far. If the rumour that he hasn't completed a full 90 for a year and a half is true then will he really be what we need at the moment?

I hope so I really do, but the question needs asking. Maybe he could get a hat trick on Saturday as an answer!

Only way to know is by how he performs tomorrow but I am glad we have managed to secure his services.

Rumours sometimes have very little truth, hence why they're rumours in the first place. As a professional footballer it would be mad not to keep in reasonable shape and I do agree with you hissingdwarf that fitness would be a concern. No one can question his ability at this level, it's the one above which would might but it's not like we're in the play-offs and at least it's not a loanee like that Iwelumo.

Only way to know is by how he performs tomorrow but I am glad we have managed to secure his services.

If we can get the ball to his feet, Tyson will no doubt prove his worth. He will want to return to the Championship and get his career back onto the path, he was one of the Forest players I used to dislike but watching him changed my opinion.

He wouldn't give up!

I hope he gets a hat trick today.

Archived