Notts County vs Carlisle United

PON_News

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,276
  • Days Won:  69

Quite! It was supposed to be a light hearted retort. Sorry if it has caused offence.

It may have failed but it wasn't intended to be personal, it is what passes for a laugh in some circles. Glad most folks could see it for what it is, just about. Keep smiling.

'and some fell on stoney ground'  I can see both sides here.Just keep posting @Pies4u

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We need a WIN.... need not want. We can win, the players just need to play together and do their best

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought you were joking, as i read it a few times.

I guess we're still nervous and touchy about the other site and it seeping into here. 

I think most people on here are more than that.

We are Notts, We Move on ;)  

I wasn't sure if I should or shouldn't respond, I very nearly left it and perhaps should have.

You're right, I don't want this to become another mad and I won't let it. I'd like everyone to have fun, though I do think when we get to know each other better (especially habits) - We will know whats serious.

I concur, we are and its a good thing.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Well it's Friday night, meaning last Saturday is just a distant memory and suddenly everyone's feeling optomistic of pulling off a great escape again (until about 3:07 tommorow when Carlsile score:P ).

No seriously though, this is a game we really should win. Carlisle are a very poor side. The fact we somehow lost the reserve fixture was criminal, it was daylight robbery. We're a better side under Derry in my opinion, I reckon we'll win tommorow.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win for Notts in front of 3,800odd, with Ronan Murray (or Ronan Merry as uncle Colin says) and JCR to score. C'MON YOU MAGPIES!

I'll be keeping check of the score from Burnham tommorow. Sadly I don't mean Burnham-On-Sea, I mean Burnham the place that sucks the life from your soul near Slough. A game Weymouth should win. Sadly Burnham are yet another club in financial turmoil. It's easy to see why when they struggle to get 100 through the gates every week. You can't sustain southern premier league football on gates like that unless like some clubs you have a chairman with deep pockets.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Although I cant attend (have to lay still in bed!)  :huh:

I can see u winning comfortably tomorrow. Dont know why. I would say I've got a feeling in my waters, but that is a seriously bad pun considering the medical condition at the mo!

3-0 Notts win.

Not so sure about Crewe though :unsure:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

As I've said elsewhere,please,please give us a win Notts.

Brilliant! 2-0!!

They've been quite decent, dirty but it all looked to be a bore draw, then Hollis steps up.

3! Hollis again.

We want 5! We want 5! Corner after Murray went down easily. Hollis hat trick!

Come on,get 5,Notts :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Very well played

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

"Are you forest in disguise?"

The game for me was painful and slow, I didn't see either scoring and I felt t would be a bore draw. Notts didn't really start brightly but they pressed more than Carlisle. After it settled and they found their feet, they did work nicely as a team. They had two great early chances, though we didn't buckle and on our attack, we were awarded for being patient.

We looked a different side from then on and came more into it after our second goal.

The play went up a tone and we looked lively! Why can't we play like this at the start, goals give confidence but we are a very able side when in the mood.

I was a briefly concerned when they scored, our passes became poor and they came back into it. Unlike in some games, we still looked dangerous! 4-1 and things came back into play for us, their keeper made some outstanding saves.

Impressive but he sulked like a baby the majority if the game, if he stayed focus earlier we might be discussing a different outcome!

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

You can't deny it, when we do actually win we don't half win in style!

What a goal from Gary Liddle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0n9ZrJUnzs&feature=youtu.be

I'm not going to get carried away looking at the next games, just enjoy this sweet day. Notts win 4-1, Weymouth win 3-1, and that lot get ripped a new one. Beautiful!

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

The players looked nervous at times which led to a poor first half hour. Some good performances today though from Hollis, Spencer , ,Murray & Liddle. Hollis may just have earn't another contract offer after today. His height made a big difference at both ends of the pitch. Can't believe Tyson's miss, that was what I call a Hawley moment. Need to find another 6 wins to great escape!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

the derby result meant my friends would probably not pass comment onto me after the game, our win just allows me to have a week or at least a few days where i can put them in their place!

we started slowly and iffy, we passed well but the pitch would not have helped.

it looked awful! but credit to the players for sticking it out and getting all 4 goals and all 3 points! gary liddles goal was great!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

I could not make this game, very disappointed to be sat at home watching derby v forest and then having to go out. It was not until about 10 or so, that i heard we had won carlisle. it sounded like the lads played well, which is typical i suppose when i dont turn up.

Thanks to Joe, I can read a balanced report.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I enjoyed the game, its nice to sit with martin right near the back. we was near pete and sam :)

the game was fun, I had some sweets and dad kept nicking them. I think notts played quite well, I liked the goal the player dad likes scored. it was very good!

I enjoyed the game, its nice to sit with martin right near the back. we was near pete and sam :)

the game was fun, I had some sweets and dad kept nicking them. I think notts played quite well, I liked the goal the player dad likes scored. it was very good!

You didn't offer me any unlike you did with @Cobby (I'm heartbroken). :cry:

On the other hand it was nice to see you smiling and happy, though you need to celebrate the goals better. Talking about minecraft just doesn't cut it! :pinch:

We have next Saturday, we can get you jumping about but credit to your singing it. Plus your new scarf which you say brought us some luck :clover: Now, you need to write up your blog. ;):poke:

• Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  3

Very pleasing result.

The first 20 odd minutes was awful, I have seen better park football. the goal did make the difference, thugs them lot. grealish and his going to ground did not seem to help us but all in all a well earned 3 points.

Liddles goal the highlight of the game.

I thought he was poor apart from that moment.

The first 20 minutes or so sounded awful and I was fearing the worst but once the first goal went in Notts seemed to become a different team..Now go and win on Tuesday.

• Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

We now have to beat Crewe and Colchester.  We could do this but it's all about our inconsistency.  Six points, 4 at the least and maybe we stand a chance, but I can't bear to get my hopes up yet.

The one thing I don't understand is why we aren't trying to tie up some of the players out of contract who we would obviously like to keep, like Liddle, Spencer, Murray, perhaps Sheehan.  Perhaps we are doing but no one is talking about it, but I'm surprised none of the press have ever asked about this.  I get that it's difficult until we know what league we're in, but surely there is some way round it?

It would be gutting to lose the entire team.  We probably need to stay up to keep them.  They'll know they're good enough for league 1 and unless we can match the wages it'll be difficult to hang onto them.  I wish Spencer had been signed with an option to keep him for another year.

Archived