2013/2014 downsides and things we have to learn from

liampie

what are the downsides of supporting notts this season for you and what are the things we have to learn from?

i think the downsides are very obvious, for me anyway.

1. dwindling crowds
2. very poor form
3. little sign of togetherness
4. hanging onto ck for so long
5. not managing to win games we should have done

the things i feel the club should learn is to appreciate all support, making the most of the great support we do have. dont approve signings where theres a risk the player will be injured the majority of the time. make sure management and players work together! derry needs to keep up with his togetherness. judge players by how they perform, show desire and not what level of experience they have.

I focus on the positives, yet there's been few and far between each other this season.

Downsides for me is the awkward squad rotation, there's been very little settlement. Now on reflection, it's hard to see what CK was thinking but he always stuck to playing under performers and if anyone shined, example Bell re- Walsall. You had up being given to the key to the city and everything is relied upon your shoulders. Our inability to defend and attack via the centre of the parks annoyed me greatly this season. Why rely solely on the flanks? This is real life, if all goals scored came from their this sport would be boring!

We need to learn to get the most out of players, youths are the way forward and only way to judge them is by giving them game time.

CK Bottled it, Derry took time to put his trust in players. Murray shined and received praise but ended up being dropped! (after Hartlepool)

We need to learn that the only way forward is for the support to be there and the club needs to continue bridging out to us. It will pay off, this great escape is good. It's the first real time the majority of fans have been right behind the same thing. We need things like this!

I could ramble on forever though.

Please, please, please, please don't anybody take this the wrong way and go thinking I'm a racist, but in my honest opinion we had far too many lazy black players in the squad/ management. I mean players like Arquin, (Of obviously considerable talent, but very (IMHO) lazy too!) He didn't want to work for 90 minutes, and seemed to get sent off way too often. Some didn't seem proud to wear the shirt. Just turn up, put in a bit of a performance and bugger off with their wages seemed to be the attitude.

It's taken a lot of guts for me to stand up a say what I think was wrong so please don't shout at me ......LOL

After watching them play on Saturday I can safely say that even when we were two nil down I knew we wouldn't lose, there was far too much 'togetherness' in the squad to expect to see them capitulate.

Please, please, please, please don't anybody take this the wrong way and go thinking I'm a racist, but in my honest opinion we had far too many lazy black players in the squad/ management. I mean players like Arquin, (Of obviously considerable talent, but very (IMHO) lazy too!) He didn't want to work for 90 minutes, and seemed to get sent off way too often. Some didn't seem proud to wear the shirt. Just turn up, put in a bit of a performance and bugger off with their wages seemed to be the attitude.

It's taken a lot of guts for me to stand up a say what I think was wrong so please don't shout at me ......LOL

After watching them play on Saturday I can safely say that even when we were two nil down I knew we wouldn't lose, there was far too much 'togetherness' in the squad to expect to see them capitulate.

Just say 'lazy players' and it's patently true.

I agree with everything you say, IF you leave out the word 'black'.

Just don't put skin colour in. or we will have to start categorising on eye colour hair colour, baldness, left-handedness, ethnicity etc.

what are the downsides of supporting notts this season for you and what are the things we have to learn from?

i think the downsides are very obvious, for me anyway.

1. dwindling crowds

2. very poor form

3. little sign of togetherness

4. hanging onto ck for so long

5. not managing to win games we should have done

the things i feel the club should learn is to appreciate all support, making the most of the great support we do have. dont approve signings where theres a risk the player will be injured the majority of the time. make sure management and players work together! derry needs to keep up with his togetherness. judge players by how they perform, show desire and not what level of experience they have.

I poor playing surface which made the style CK wanted to use even less likely to be successful.

Whilst I disagree with labelling the ex players who have left as lazy, I would say in consistent and the same could be said for limited players like david bell.

This whole season needs to be a outline for better to come, football teaches a lot of lessons and if we survive notts will have to learn. overall the seasons been bitter and my drives home have been of wary, yet i am optimistic.

I agree with points raised by the above posters, I hate to do so but I do.

I think the season has been a strange one tbh. The obvious dis-jointed approach at the beginning with players who looked at the wage, not the amount of effort was ridiculous. since derry has come in it shows what a difference a strong leader can make to a club as a whole and the people who are now essentially working for him. He has shipped out the right players and I expect more to go in the close season. he has made the players who are good, look good! Sounds silly but now we have a solid formation the right players are for most of the time, playing the right way in the right positions. Our previous formation of 1 upfront flattered occasionally and let McGregor play superbly, but he has been the one to suffer from the changes. Look how JCR has come on in the last 4 months. Amazing what confidence and a system that suits does for a player. Same for the front two.

Overall, I hope we stay up as for me, we have a solid team which needs adding to, especially when Grealish leaves, but the spine is there to do well.

Imagine where we would have been if derry had been in from the start?

The attendance is an issue, but to be fair, fans will only go when they are being entertained or passion is obvious!

Supporter+

I'm absolutely staggered by this post I'm sorry to say this but YOU ARE A RACIST. Lazy players are lazy players what the hell does it have to do with the colour of their skin.

Unbelievable.

I'm just saying it as I saw it.

The squad (Not all of them of course , JCR for example was/is a great little work horse,) was IMHO lazy, and the squad /Management at the time I'm talking about were mostly black, doesn't make me racist for stating the obvious does it?

Oh and if I am a racist then you'd better inform my wife, (Who's from Dominica by the way!! )

No worries, I won't post my opinions any more .

Ta Ta.

When SD took over as Notts manager he said the players were either with him or not and if they weren't with him they would be gone.Look at the players that have been moved on and draw your own conclusion irrespective of their colour etc.

Archived