Roy Carroll

Northants Pie

Supporter+

What deal is he on? He's been fantastic and deserves a long deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporter+

Roy should be extended for at least one more year. We might be in the Championship next season, best to tie those that can play at that level to longer deals.

The longer the better. Bart who?

Personally I wouldn't say Bart who, he was an amazing keeper (I know what you mean).

They're a lot alike Bart and Roy, one's reached his "high" and the other I expected to do much better than he is currently. Bart spent a lot of time with us fans, times I saw him give his gloves or his time. He would always speak to me and @super_pie before he warmed up and he had another friend he often talked with (a lad with down syndrome).

Roy is much the same, he gives his time and is very passionate about the club.

Though I have to be honest that Roy is much better and I feel calmer with him in goal. I also would like to point out, usually I have the feeling no matter what Roy will save efforts. Barnsley tested that, both goals I knew would end up in the back of the net but he did well, he saved some which kept us in the game especially early on.

Get him signed up because I could easily see him attracting a Championship club for another season or two. At this or the one above, he will do us a very good job.

His kicking makes the big difference for me. To see him put a goal kick directly to a player and it lead to a goal was a real and rare treat. We have had lots of good keepers in the past few years, but rarely have we had a keeper who could kick so well.

Regarding Bart, good, but poor decision by him to want to leave. I'm all for players wanting to be the best they can be, but it was obvious he was going to spend most of his time there getting splinters in his arse from the bench!

Selling Spiess would make sense, if we already have tabs on another up and coming keeper who would be good enough.

I am all in favour of changing squad if we have replacements, it is the selling with nobody to come in that leaves me a little bewildered at times.

As for Roy, why not just give him a long term contract at the club, even if that doesn't involve a playing role.

maybe 4 years, with a season at a time playing review, and the others in a coaching mentoring capacity...

Surely he will be offered a better deal?

1 year on reflection seems pretty poor, thank god he was not put off by it. I would offer him another two years, I might even try to sell spiess whilst we might get something for him.

Will anyone be interested in paying a sum worthwhile allowing a move to happen?

I think not, we missed that opportunity last season. Notts need to push him and get carroll mentoring him because he could come good. I would also hope that notts get carroll extended, he more important than harrad in my humble opinion.

Archived