Night Games at Meadow Lane?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Do you like them? Does it feel different (minus the cold)? Lets discuss it. #winteriscoming

10696423_10153557547885961_3439679944985

People should know what the #tag refers to, not only night games that is!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Not a fan of them. Most people work during the day, at winter to be standing outside to get beat 3-0 by Accrington Stanley isn't exactly fun. Not much time for a pre/post match pint.

Not a fan of them. Most people work during the day, at winter to be standing outside to get beat 3-0 by Accrington Stanley isn't exactly fun. Not much time for a pre/post match pint.

Ha! You seemed more upbeat last year mate.

Wait for the form to start and the atmosphere to increase, I love warm sunning days but I also like winter. Always interesting to see thoughts though, hopefully you'll find time to catch a match soon enough.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I do like night games, it makes a change.

Nothing beats the summer, I will give you that. A nice warm day when fans can just wear shirts, mind this does not happen much at meadow lane. If the snow falls this year, at least with the rugby being off the pitch it might hold up better.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

There is nothing wrong with night games at all, even with work its something different.

Anything to get you a way from the 9-5 grind and out the house is a good thing! since we are losing pubs and places to go socially, I will take football however it comes.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm not too keen on night games to be honest, when it's cold, windy and raining it's soooo tempting to stop in and listen to uncle Colin on the radio and I have to admit to doing just that on occasions lying in a warm bath with the transistor radio.

The attendances tend to be lower and the atmosphere suffers because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

There is nothing wrong with night games at all, even with work its something different.

Anything to get you a way from the 9-5 grind and out the house is a good thing! since we are losing pubs and places to go socially, I will take football however it comes.

I actually prefer the drive, it's less hassle on night games to get a way from meadow lane after the game.

Some fans are just fair weather though. ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I'm fair weather too I'm afraid. Don't go to many night matches. As @tonyhateley says the easy option of warm and Unlce Colin on the radio wins out most of the time.

I am more of a winter person though. I must say though I enjoy walking the dog more in the winter. Makes it much more interesting looking for a black dog on a dark night. Means I can walk her at 6 at night and she thinks it's late so I don't have to walk her later on.

Love wrapping up in a big coat and taking the torch when we go.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

if games was played in summer all year round it would be boring, i like night games. it feels different, not always a bad thing. i remember when we had sacked our manager last year before derry came in and there was a much better atmosphere than the majority of day games.

the fact fans was probably talking helped.

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

I do quite like night games. Again, living in Brum means I get back quite late but I certainly think its better than working late. On the other hand I could be staying at home playing FIFA, haha

I do quite like night games. Again, living in Brum means I get back quite late but I certainly think its better than working late. On the other hand I could be staying at home playing FIFA, haha

Or posting on PoN.. ;)

PS. We should have a game sometime in the future, battle of the Best on PoN.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I am a traditionalist, Saturday 3pm kick off...

But, haven't we had some superb night games (or games that feel like night), Under the lights day or night makes the atmosphere special.

I am a traditionalist, Saturday 3pm kick off...

But, haven't we had some superb night games (or games that feel like night), Under the lights day or night makes the atmosphere special.

MMmmm.... Have you read the reports about sky moving kick offs from 3pm to times suited to them? So they can put games live on TV, how long until this expands to the Football League?

Personally I would have the times to changed anything further. 7:45pm isn't that bad for me.

Archived