Ryan Hall on loan from Millers

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

According to Sky Sports Notts are lining up a loan move for Rotherham winger Ryan Hall. Anyone know of this player? Thoughts?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Arguably the best left winger in the world at present. 24 tries in 23 games for England and nearly 200 for Leeds. certainly would stand up well to the likes of Yeovil, in fact he'd terrify them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxjhO7MXIn4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@PTID1862 beat me to it! ;)

Come on @BradtheMiller spill the beans! I believe you mentioned this lad a couple of times to me as a promising talent. I have to say I know very little about him in truth but I wouldn't say no to someone who's considered to have a bright future. It would be nice of we can help them get to that point in their careers! Especially if they help us! :D

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Signed on a short-term loan according to Facebook. Curious to find out more.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

No more Zeli then? Looks like his injury has put pay to his stay here. Shame really as I was just getting to like him after what I thought was a poor start.

Bring on the next guy then. Welcome Mr Hall. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@ivansneck you had me going then! deflated now :(

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

A summer signing from Leeds who hasn't had much game time with us, but what I have seen of him hasn't impressed.

A change of scenary might do the lad good. He's got pace, but sometimes his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. Hope he does well for you.

He did score the winner for us v Wolves in early season!!

As requested...topic merged and edited. HD. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Never heard of him. Had a look at his career to date. Hasn't set the world on fire. Maybe League 1 is his level. He'll get a chance to impress anyway. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Is Ismail still about then? Perhaps this bloke is cover for Zeli and thats why they're emphasizing that it's a short term loan 

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Ismail is back at Wolves. Allegedly out for 4 months. I'm sorry he's injured but not that he's gone back.

He's no loss whatsoever IMO. He was atrocious. Some folks said he was good against Crawley but I missed that game. My informants tell me that he was ok in the 1st half but his usual, cr@p, self in the second. Every time I saw him he was awful, clueless. One of the clumsiest and most ineffective wide men I've seen in a long time. Derry trying to play him out of position didn't help much either tbh. He was dreadful when he played behind the front one or two, absolutely hopeless.

He has 2 runs in a game if you are lucky, 1 half decent cross - full stop. He's been, pretty much, a waste of a shirt all season. Takes a fair penalty, that's been his most effective contribution for us.

This lad just can't be any worse, that has to be a bright spot. Word on the street is that he was a decent prospect as a schoolboy but hasn't progressed. This could be his opportunity to flourish! Welcome aboard Ryan.

Ismail is back at Wolves. Allegedly out for 4 months. I'm sorry he's injured but not that he's gone back.

He's no loss whatsoever IMO. He was atrocious. Some folks said he was good against Crawley but I missed that game. My informants tell me that he was ok in the 1st half but his usual, cr@p, self in the second. Every time I saw him he was awful, clueless. One of the clumsiest and most ineffective wide men I've seen in a long time. Derry trying to play him out of position didn't help much either tbh. He was dreadful when he played behind the front one or two, absolutely hopeless.

He has 2 runs in a game if you are lucky, 1 half decent cross - full stop. He's been, pretty much, a waste of a shirt all season. Takes a fair penalty, that's been his most effective contribution for us.

This lad just can't be any worse, that has to be a bright spot. Word on the street is that he was a decent prospect as a schoolboy but hasn't progressed. This could be his opportunity to flourish! Welcome aboard Ryan.

Glad to see you are you're usual cheerful self @Pies4u with a positive spin on things! :)  :)  :)  :heart:  :devil:

Cheers.

I'm optimistic about Hall tho'! Ismail was just poor, end of story really.

The winger we've got from the Scum is the same, one decent cross a game and he packs up after that. He needs a good performance, hopefully it will be tomorrow night. I think he has talent, he just doesn't utilise it very well. The bloke behind me thought he was MOTM on Sat - seriously - McLaughlin! Most others around me thought should he have been subbed at half time, he was that bad. He offers no defensive cover whatsoever and wasted possession 90% of the time on Sat. I'm not sure what game some folks watch.

When people try to tell you that the floodlights were "too bright" you do actually start to wonder what medication they take. I have never seen lighting as bad at a League ground for 40 years. Apart from one 10 sq yd patch in the Kop end goalmouth the rest of the ground was in virtual darkness. The folks in the DP stand could barely see the far side of the pitch, it was worse than Carlton Town's ground, but I digress. How's that?

Agree with you on McLaughlin @Pies4u. I was walking the dog with a red mate only the other day when he asked me how the loans were going. I told him Laing has potential, but doesn't benefit us playing with big boot Hollis and McLaughlin drifts more than snow. I would have sent him back a while ago tbh. Problem is with Nots fans is they are blinded by the odd flash of skill. They then patiently wait a few games for the next flash. Strange really when they've seen players such as Ben Davis, Alan Judge and Tom Inc in recent years who all consistently performed in games.

Well, McLaughlin's display last night put the tin lid on it for me. Why is he here?

Yet again he was ineffective, clumsy in possession and he concedes too many free kicks with inept challenges. That miss was, quite frankly, indescribable,

Get rid of him and let Petraso play wide on the left!

Well, McLaughlin's display last night put the tin lid on it for me. Why is he here?

Yet again he was ineffective, clumsy in possession and he concedes too many free kicks with inept challenges. That miss was, quite frankly, indescribable,

Get rid of him and let Petraso play wide on the left!

Do you have  listening device in my front room? I said nearly word for word the same thing to my dad at lunchtime!

get rid. end of.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Sounds like he is a typical Red'un... flatters to deceive.

Cometh the hour, goneth the man!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  904

McLaughlin's better than some are giving him credit for.

There are better players but would they come here or even drop to league 1? He is decent enough at this level.

I have not seen much of hall, i hear he is fast but i have no seen any signs of this or much of him at all. i think he came on as a sub, i forget which game and he did not have much of the ball. I only recall one chance from him yesterday and it was wasted, McLaughlin at least sets and contributes. I need to see more from hall, as I suspect others do.

Archived