Man of the Match - Swindon Town (H)

Chris

Who do you think deserves PoN's Man of the Match?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• G. Thompson
    • Traore
    • Hall
    • McLaughlin
    • Petrasso
    • Hollis
    • Harrad
    • Caroll

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Not an easy question, though I am not put off by that.

I say Garry Thompson.

Who do you feel played the best? Who was your Man of the Match? Help us decide ours as a community! You Pies

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

traore

looked class, out skilled several swindon players. he looked like he would be useful for them, so pleased we had him playing for us.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,521
  • Days Won:  9

Not enough shown by a number of players, so I voted for the only one who stood out.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Traore was the best player for me I was very impressed he showed some real skill and trickery he proved to be a handful all the game.

Carroll made some first class saves to keep the score down so he deserves a mention, shame he spoilt it and got a needless booking.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Who was your Swindon man of the match or do you think it was a team effort? Local radio suggested Massimo Luongo played well and Ben Gladwin had a good second half.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I thought Petrasso was a Rocket up our bums at HT. I know it didn't merit goals but he got me and a few fans in the stand on their feet.

• Content Count:  486

Carroll certainly kept be score down & Traore showed some skill, tho' he had less impact in the 2nd half. Adams was solid in the 2nd half, won his tackles and distributed the ball well and he made a spectacular goal saving interception in the 1st. Laing was wrong footed for the 1st but he still looked more assured and composed than Hollis all day.

Hall, Harrad, C Thompson,Cassidy, McLaughlin & Noble were awful - Jones, G Thompson & Petrasso were a tad better.

MOTM? Hard to say but, if pushed I'd actually go for Adams tbh. From the shortlist above it would have to be Carroll.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@medievalmickey - Hands down Massimo Luongo.

Different class, looked a top, top player.

Obika, Louis Thompson, Gladwin & Kasim looked pretty useful too!

Thought Louis Thompson (19) was the standout performer tbh. An ex Notts superstar went for Kasim.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

From Coin's commentary, so this could be far removed from reality, Drissa Traore !

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

From Coin's commentary, so this could be far removed from reality, Drissa Traore !

My view too. Very difficult to choose a mom from Uncle Cols commentary, but it sounded like Traore settled well and tried to influence the game.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree with Uncle Colin I thought he had a great game, for me he'd be first on the team sheet for the next game.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  0

Garry Thompson but play him as a forward.

Cassidy looks more than average, with one on decent performance in 5 games.

Carroll certainly kept be score down & Traore showed some skill, tho' he had less impact in the 2nd half. Adams was solid in the 2nd half, won his tackles and distributed the ball well and he made a spectacular goal saving interception in the 1st. Laing was wrong footed for the 1st but he still looked more assured and composed than Hollis all day.

Hall, Harrad, C Thompson,Cassidy, McLaughlin & Noble were awful - Jones, G Thompson & Petrasso were a tad better.

MOTM? Hard to say but, if pushed I'd actually go for Adams tbh. From the shortlist above it would have to be Carroll.

Adams was woeful, hoofing and repeatedly being caught out. He shown no defensive mind, booting the ball out to where the danger is. Just silly!

Obika, Louis Thompson, Gladwin & Kasim looked pretty useful too!

Thought Louis Thompson (19) was the standout performer tbh. An ex Notts superstar went for Kasim.

Yeah, it was good to see Kasim. That penalty at Oldham last year!  ;)

Good going forward, very hard working but shown little in defence. He did run at them, showing skill but he did not deserve it for me.

Adams was a bit sloppy in the 1st half but he did make that telling clearance. Second half he was solid as a rock - and I'm no fan of his. He's been poor but he did a good job on Sat. His distribution was miles better than anyone else in the back or midfield divisions, with the possible exception of Laing. It was only the fact that Laing slipped up for their goal and got caught out by Obika's trickery a couple of times that I'd say Adams shaded it.

On NCM they seem to have a Hollis "love in" - he was all over the show, again. He gets turned inside out, misses tackles, gets caught flat footed yet if he boots the ball 70 yards people think he's had a good game!

Only Adams, Carroll & Traore (1st half) really earned their corn. Thought Thompson, as always, worked hard but his touch and movement let him down a bit on Sat. Mind you, playing alongside Cassidy it isn't surprising, that bloke has zero awareness or anticipation. Waste of a shirt and a wage tbh. When can we ship him out and get a proper striker in?

Archived