• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Come on Notts we need to win this one.

I am there in spirit. UPIES

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Come on Notts,old super needs cheering up though he can't wait for Derby's next match.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,962
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We need to keep the ball down and run like the wind bull's eye. Notts look decent going forward but limited service to either of our strikers. Thomas looks eager to get on the ball, he looks useful so far. Santos needs to run at 'em but quite steady. Hayhurst looks to be a sharp cookie, very keen to see him continue.

We're playing to suite them more!

How is the referee not booking their players, some have been worst than ours.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

After the awful run we've been on I really don't think it matters how we win. The win stops the rot and gets the monkey off the players' backs.

Amazingly after such a bad run, we are only 2 points off the play-offs, with a game in hand................we could even be 6th come Tuesday at 10pm......astonishing.

I had a dream........

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Well, that was a game of two halves. I thought we were VERY lucky in the first half to not go a few down. Second half was better, but we need to stop this conceding from the whistle routine. We need to be able to keep tight in those vital few minutes after the game starts (or restarts).

Some good performances out there and a good goal to start his life in the Black n White. Well done Daniels.

Shame about Noble getting sent off though. He made a big difference, especially in the second half (when he was on the field!)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,879
  • Days Won:  162

i felt very early on we should have been two nil down, we looked good going forward but that was all really. no finishing or service really, hayhurst tried but it was not deserving for us to be in the lead at half time. i also missed the penalty, so i dont know if it was a foul. i felt they played well, just woeful on goal but that said they scored a quality strike. it should have been closed down tho!

second half we played better, the changes helped and the winning goal. great ball, great finish. very lucky to have left, 1-1 was fair for me.

We started off quite well in my opinion.

However the early signs was that we wouldn't be making the most of the space that they would leave and it seemed likely that it would take something special to score. Crewe looked decent, much better going forward and they created chances perfectly. They had two chances very early on whereby their woeful finishing really should have been better. They could have led by two goals, quite simple because we only had an header towards goal and that wasn't 'clear cut'.

I didn't see the penalty either, I just know Noble looked nervous and their keeper did well to get a hand to the ball. I think the power Noble struck it secured the goal.

Second half we was better in spells and created chances, so did they and I feel both sides had their luck or misfortune.

The substitutes actually worked, fans wasn't too pleased with them but it gave us the edge within a period we was getting chances but failing to do anything with them and Daniels goal was sublime. Top goal!

I can feel for Crewe because I think a draw would have fairer but the aim of the game is to score more goals.

• Content Count:  10,759

Supporter+

Trust me to miss a Notts win, the Daniels goal sounded like a cracker, well done Notts.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

I thought we was poor at times.

Notts looked lively but never enough when it mattered. I do think the new signings did well, yes they impressed. I think Adams gave a solid performance but Hollis with his passing, plus those back passes he is asking for danger. Felt we did enough in the second half to warrant it!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

The thing about Noble is again is that it was a stupid challenge, there was no need to make it in the dying seconds at all.

Up to that point he played well, so he did stand out with his performance but it is a shame that he let us all down (himself also) for seeing red after just coming back from suspension. I think all the new lads shown us what Derry saw in them, Santos could run a bit more mind. He seems a little lightweight and unsure about how to take players on, that is something Derry and the lads can help him with.

William Hayhurst played outstanding, he covered ground and was eager to attack. His crosses are very consistent and placed into dangerous areas.

Thomas did okay, we need to draw him into the game because he had limited service but made use of what he had. Very pleased with the 2-1 win!

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

It makes you wonder what could happen if we did add a couple more, it shows how hard Derry is working to strenghten the squad.

I enjoyed the match yesterday.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I was in the Georgetown pub with my mates, (Villa Fans) listening to the game on my Headphones, and when Daniel's scored. I made everybody jump ha ha ha

Great win :) 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

It seemed that it would end in a draw.

Both sides played well and made mistakes. Just a great game of football, end to end with plenty of chances.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

The score ended well and the game was better than recent games. Good end to 90mins.. plus extra time obviously.

Crewe fans have started to sing our praises about the type of balls we threw at them. Said we just need a bit more 'luck' with finishing and acknowledge us for giving them credit.

• Content Count:  10,759

Supporter+

My next door neighbour went with my ticket and he came to give me my ticket back today. He thoroughly enjoyed the game as a neutral (he's a florist fan) and said that Crewe were the better team in the first half and missed some good chances but Notts came good second half and deserved their win, he was impressed with the new signings and gave a special mention to the "black lad up front" I think that would be Thomas?

I'm looking forward to seeing the new signings on Saturday and hope its another win for us.

Archived