Balint Bajner [Signed]

Chris

10923308_10153745755050961_6537470667035

Striker Balint Bajner looks set for a spell out on loan in League One with Notts County.

Bajner, 24, has had limited opportunities since joining the Blues in the summer, his sub appearance against Southampton on Wednesday was his sixth game from the bench in addition to his one start against Fulham on the opening day.

article-2295226-18C2DED6000005DC-39_468x

Lee Johnson was keen to sign the Hungarian himself but says the Magpies made Town an offer which would “blow us out of the water”.

Link to - BREAKING STORY

I especially like the comment 'blow us out the water' but would this signing come at a price? Despite the 24 year old having played some top teams, plus been loaned to some. He doesn't have a record as such when it comes to goal scoring, however there fans which rate him within Europe.

Thoughts?

If we decide to pass the ball, he might score it gives him a good chance but that said I wonder if Thomas would get a look in if we did sign Bajner.

Whoever scores will play, we need to settle the team down without requiring forced changes in my opinion. Only dropping a player because of fitness/performance or injury. Would he improve the squad? Its hard to tell but if he does sign, he deserves that chance as does any player.

He's signed folks, I was expecting him to arrive on loan but he's been allowed to leave.

Notts County have added another new face to their ranks...

Notts County have continued their squad strengthening during the January transfer window with the addition of giant striker Balint Bajner.

The 6’ 5” Hungarian striker joined Ipswich Town in the summer, after impressing during a trial period with the club, and has made six appearances for the Sky Bet Championship side this season, but he has now been allowed to leave Portman Road to join Notts.

Read More - Here

Supporter+

I've seen some video footage of this bloke and he looks really useful also looks good on the floor for a big bloke.

Supporter+

A poor man's Tony Cascarino me think. For the younger posters out there, think Peter Crouch but with less goals. Will suit our hoof it as long as possible style as he can hold up the ball.

Well it's certainly been awhile since I heard any Notts fan pleased with a transfer window!!

He should be fine in this division, you cant fault his effort. Good debut for him, with confidence and time to settle i am sure he will show his worth. I am very pleased with the signing.

Supporter+

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/no-bajner-no-party-ipswich-4080105

Looks like these people have turned their attention to us......the official FB and Twitter were full of this rubbish last night. It seems Bajner has been less than complementary about Hungarian football. Not a good idea to upset an entire nation of football fans! He talks the talk, let's see if he can walk the walk, maybe these people will feck off.......

Like the others he's an unknown quantity, but I hope he comes good. He scored 9 goals in 50-odd games for BVB II, bearing in mind that that includs a number of substitute appearances in a struggling team at an equivalent level to ours. I wouldn't expect a traditional Del-type centre forward though - players coming from the youth ranks of top German clubs tend to be very good with the ball at their feet.

Over 2,000 people have joined our Facebook page over the last couple of days, most of them probably Hungarians. It was funny for about five minutes, but soon it'll be a good idea to start blocking people. When does ironic hero-worship cross the line and become bullying?

I couldn't find much about him on the Dortmund forums, sadly, but I did manage to find this picture of him from his days in Depeche Mode:

MTIwNjA4NjM0MTUzMzcxMTQ4.jpg

Archived