Notts County Vs Preston North End

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,003
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hopefully this won't turn into an ugly game, I'm a little concerned regarding what happened the last time we played them and the resulting conflict. I hope both sets of players respect each other and focus playing the game, it's certainly one on our day we could win. I didn't see them struggling to this degree, so there's obvious roots to explore in order to beat them. I hope Chris chooses a side that's more stronger on paper, I have nothing against the likes of Blyth but he didn't send out a message and I would of preferred to see Zoko or Arquin up front myself.

Hamza, I don't really have a concern with but the formation was also a little odd.

I would of thought Chris would of changed things, gone away from Curle's tactics and set his own stamp on the side but we seem to be rotating between Curle's tactics.

1-1 (if we're bright eyed then we could easily win - as could they)

Opinions? @2piesonmyshirt @anonypie @BenBlyth @Italian Magpies @Joe Jones @joecrow @jurgenpie @liampie @magpiejue @MuddyPatchPie @tonyhateley @UniPie @upthepies @vicki @weymouthPIE

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh I don't know Joe if it turns into an ugly game at least it might be a bit more entertaining.

I am honestly thinking of giving this one a miss it sounds as if its going to be freezing cold and it's not as if there is much at stake is it?

I'll see how I feel tomorrow I hate missing a game but if I do at least the club won't lose out, as a season ticket holder I've paid up front.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Do I detect a severe case of disillusionment,Tony.It's not a criticism as I've been there myself.I remember a midweek match at Derby round about 1985,coincidently played im March, against ,I think,Preston.I nearly didn't go,freezing cold,nothing to play for,one of the worst games I've ever witnessed.I can't even remember the result but I persevered and was rewarded the following season with promotion.Bet you still go!

• Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

i will be there.

im sure i will regret it but thats the faith you need to support your club.

all respect for tony, hope he does go.

think they will beat us.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I can't see any result other than a draw but I hope we can get the win. We're kinda playing them at the wrong time - they've got an experienced new manager at the helm and have started picking up some results lately, including a win over Bournemouth and a draw at Swindon.

Think the game at Deepdale earlier in the season still eats away at Preston. Graham Westley's comments in the build up to that match meant it was going to be a bit fiery. On the night, we should have been hammered, and JCR's horrible tackle on Scott Laird produced a venemous attack on our fans and club from a certain few Preston fans. That said, the way some of our fans have continued to drag on the whole saga by continuing to joke about that particular incident really hasn't helped matters, and it makes us all look bad. Somehow, I can't see this game passing without incident :/ But I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know many Preston fans, but most of those I do know also want to move on with it, but some Preston fans actually blame us and in particular JCR for ruining their season. They say we took out their best player so it's our fault they are where they are. Interestingly not Graham Westley for NOT getting more than one influential player...

Still, hopefully we can move on from that completely after tommorow night. If anything, I just want to get this game out of the way for that reason alone..

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Like i generally say... hoping for a win and at least not lose. drawing is ok, but will not get us in the play-offs.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Sadly I can't make the game as this week I'm on late shifts so wouldn't be able to get there in time. Frankly it's amazing that we're still in with a shout, but really, we need to pull our fingers out and go for the win. It frustrates me because we clearly have the quality, but little things like Deano's foul against Orient, or that lack of cutting edge in front of goal, it means we either draw when we should win or lose by a single goal margin...

I don't want to write this season off just yet, cause we've started so well and we're in a decent position, so the boys really, and I mean REALLY make it count in the next 9 or 10 games remaining. No more disappointment boys, I want a win tomorrow!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I think it will be a difficult game tonight for us. We really need to find some form but I just don't know where the goals will come from!! Would like to see 4 4 2 but our options are limited up front.

Supporter+

Do I detect a severe case of disillusionment,Tony.

Yes I guess I am a little disullusioned. Things started to go down hill for me when we let Hughes go and didn't find an adequate replacement, then Curle was sacked prematurely in my opinion, since then Chris has taken over but we are playing boring negative football, the one bright point was our 4-1 win.

The team selection on Saturday left me completely bemused, we had/have a chance of closing the gap and making the playoffs but with the team selection on Saturday it seemed we were playing for a draw! Why didn't we go all out for a win and at least go down fighting?

However, I will possibly still go to the match if I feel like it tonight and it's not too cold. If not I'll be listening to the radio and/or in the chat room on this site if anyone is in there and I will be cheering the lads on.

I'll still get a season ticket for next season. YOUPIES.

Quite understandable how you feel,Tony.I totally agree with your comments.I thought after the Bury game things might have improved and a bit of a push was on but Notts seem to be 'drifting' a little aimlessly at the moment.

Supporter+

Well I was undecided about going to the match right up to the last minute but in the end decided to go. What a mistake! It was a shambles. The players have given up not sure of the reason but I wonder if they are still upset about KC sacking.

One shot on target the first half and why oh why did KC take the No9 shirt off Hughes and give it to Showumni he's not even half the player.

That's it now, forget the play offs the season is over but I'll be there on Sarurday, hopefully some more youngsters will be given a run Tyrell Waite, Kyle Dixon etc.

If I was Ray I would be on the phone to Steve Cotterill first thing tomorrow, lets get him in and start building for next season.

Utterly speechless, I don't think we should be getting bullied by sides like Preston who was overly physical and pretty undermining in my opinion. Why was JCR taken off? I could hear boo's, among other things.

No direction, very disappointed. Had a fan go to me 'Your not going to get people into that until we start winning'.

Pride is more than that, I'm proud to be a Notts County fan and will keep going until I can't money wise which will be this Saturday. I just don't know why some people think we should be winning week in and week out, we won't until we get things going again. Our track/road whatever is truly of course but I hope we can still play our part. We need to get ready for next season now!

Tony, I agree with you. I hate to say it but Steve would probably sort this.

The Notts performance sounded awful on the radio and the above comments seem to confirm that.As a very interested 'outsider' I can understand fans feelings.Notts don't seem capable of putting up a fight.Team selection and tactics aren't right.As I said earlier,the Bury game indicated to me that CK had it sorted ,judging by the second half performance,

but that is obviously not the case.I'm afraid I have to agree with Tony as far as starting building for next season.

Tactics,team selection and motivation are what is needed and a few good performances to restore fan optimism.

Supporter+

Why was JCR taken off? I could hear boo's, among other things.

He was holding his groin and limping slightly as he came off. The Preston fans were giving him stick every time he touched the ball so he was probably glad to get off.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

I think it's very very hard to reach the playoffs. 9 points to cover in 8 games. Almost impossible for this team :(

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Preston were not that good. We were even worse. I just cannot understand that performance. Actually I had better stop there or I could end up saying something I shouldn't.

A very disgruntled 2piesonmyshirt :huh:

He was holding his groin and limping slightly as he came off. The Preston fans were giving him stick every time he touched the ball so he was probably glad to get off.

Hope he isn't injured and was just an escape, they wasn't taking it easy on our players when he was on the field.

I think it's very very hard to reach the playoffs. 9 points to cover in 8 games. Almost impossible for this team :(

It's over now, if we manage to do the impossible I'll admit I gave up on it when I should of kept some faith. The team is okay, the tactics and togetherness.. They need direction, the right preparation and then it's down to passion.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Preston were not that good. We were even worse. I just cannot understand that performance. Actually I had better stop there or I could end up saying something I shouldn't.

A very disgruntled 2piesonmyshirt :huh:

Join the club :) It's a shame and I hope people understand the position we are in now, I wouldn't of changed a thing myself but they need to start trying, it's not about winning but trying. The players are old enough to man up and give it ago, right now they just aren't.. Hollis played well, Bart and young Curtis (though the latter didn't deserve the man of the match)

How do we move on from this? #togetherness and the team showing spirit... #hopefully

• Content Count:  12,917
  • Days Won:  162

what a let down, such a depressing state of play. only a small sign, we can get behind tnem but they need to try harder.

poor result

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Awful game. No desire or passion to win from the players! Preston deserved the 3 points.

Exactly how I feel. Those in attendances deserved a much better performances!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We didn't play very well at all. I heard alot of the info of this game from notts-joe and the match report on the main site. The game could of been much better and a loss wasnt what any notts fan wanted.

Archived