Notts' Future?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What do you think next season will mean to the club + ourselves as fans? How do we move on from this season in your opinion?

Obviously we don't know currently what division we will be playing in, however likely it's going to be League Two. I say that not to be negative but because I have accepted our current situation, it will take a miracle to get to wins in our last two games (although it's possible) - it's highly unlikely.

Next season for me we must be competitive and difficult to beat. If we are in League One mid table! However, most likely is the fact we will be sat in the basement division and we must at least aim for the play-offs. Personally, if it was down to me I would challenge for 1st-3rd and no messing about at that. It would send a solid message to the fans, so it's important we access what types of players will be arriving before the start of the season in order to achieve the targets.

In League Two we will be a very attractive outlet for experienced players and youngsters, we should build with a view that the players signed can at least get three seasons here and that they will progress if and when we do.

We need to get the fans onside and all pulling in one direction, I suppose I must accept that this requires the 'however' possible attitude but that said I am not a fan of open letters which aren't very 'open' at all.

Moving on just means to 'stabilize' for me and the only way this will be possible is to address/learn from the mistakes already made.

What about you?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i do not care what league we play, i just hope to see our form coming at home and seeing the crowd enjoying the football.

winning is not the important thing, its nice but the majority of fans just want to see us attack and beating the sides we should do. not always losing or seeing like we do, i was going to get a season ticket but with the way work is, it makes sense to focus on that. which is a shame because i really want to go to more games but i dont think my £24 has gone very far when i have spent it this season!!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

I agree much with what's already been said, especially Joe.

Next season will be a case of proving doubters and the types of fans hell bent on being disruptive. The only way the club can change the perspective and fortunes of the club is to focus on winning the sensible fans over.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

It's absolutely crucial that we are challenging next season. I know a lot of people are worried about us going back to the Trust days, but this time we have a wealthy backer who won't want to see us rot in the fourth division, so Moniz will at least have the resources to compete. We should also not throw the baby out with the bathwater and hang on to some of this squad, however bad things look right now. Players like Liam Noble and Haydn Hollis could be an asset in a lower division as part of a more balanced side. In 97-98 Sam Allardyce won promotion at the first attempt with the same squad that had been relegated the previous season plus a couple of full backs. Let's not do a Gary Mills and start completely from scratch.

A good season and a realistic shot at promotion would reinvigorate the place and boost (home) crowds. If Moniz gets the balance right in the summer, the whole experience could do us a power of good.

But if we want to get there, it helps to build up a positive atmosphere around the club again. Statements to the press aren't enough. Let's make Meadow Lane an intimidating place to visit again. At the Barnsley match, the ground was so quiet before kick-off. But visiting players should be emerging into a cauldron of noise when they take the pitch! I don't mean with loud music and a shouty man on the mic either, let's get the fans going. Remember the relay races we used to have before kick-off? They really got the place going, cost the club nothing and made the day of the young fans taking part (and ours always won because the away team always had a 4-year-old running for them!). Visiting players should be stepping out into an intimidating colosseum, not a village fete.

How about a gala day for the first home game? Admission for a fiver, face painting and activities for the kids. Publicise it, get bums on seats and make it a fun day out on a sunny afternoon in August. Next season is crucial to us - are we just going to rot and go into terminal decline, or will we bounce back and take on League One again in a year or two with renewed vigour? If it's to be the latter, we need as many people behind us as possible, and from day one.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

A difficult one as any club going down will struggle if they don't bounce back immediately. Can we do that? Depends on the signings the new panel makes because I know one thing for certain, most of this years lads do need to find work elsewhere. There aren't many I'd retain, contracts or not tbh.

League two will be a different proposition for the club all together and it does offer the chance to maybe get it right from the basics upwards. The problem is can we put together a team that can compete like the last League two winning team did? Probably not and there is the rub. We won the league last time in L2 because of Munto. Yes it failed mid season and all turned to £$%! but and it's a BIG BUT the momentum was there. The club suddenly felt very different and everyone was looking upwards not downwards. Its been many years since we could confidently do that.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Muniz needs to be given a chance to build his own squad. If the club insist on a league 2 budget in league 1 then he are only setting him up for failure. If it is to be league 2, then so be it but the club MUST back the manager.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686

Its been well summed up, just stability and actual progression. Each year we should improve from the last, a solid squad and this could be different.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Regardless of which league we end up in next season, I want to see some kind of strategy being implemented and kept for the whole season. This also includes not sacking the manager.

I know, ambitious, but I think ol' tigger finger can halt his urges for 1 season at least. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381

I hope our future is brigter next season, it would be nice to see the club focus on the support they have for once. Rather than using the manager to project the need for more support, if we are more competetive and the football is better then the fans will come. I just hope that Muniz can build a good squad, mixed age ranges and to be competive.

We dont require wins each week, just effort and passion.

Archived