Ticket Prices...

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Question for @RayTrew.

Have the board set a 'on the gate' pricing structure as of yet? What processes do you need to go through to come up with the charge per person? eg Does the drop to League 2 play heavily on the decision?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

£20 would be fair, yet it's hard to see how there will be any changes considering the season ticket prices haven't gone down.

I think we could fall into the danger of requiring fans who follow with deep pockets, its the reason why I always renew no matter what because you never know what the season has in store for fans or the owners.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

£24? Yikes, that is pretty dare. Room for a bit of adjustment I think.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

It will be worth the price if we gain promotion and the fees enable us to grow stronger next year. If people played it to see the football we have witnessed in recent years, it's not much to ask to pay it to see better league two football.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I'd like to know how many people actually pay the full 22/24 quid. Most of our supporters have season tickets, and the remainder will no doubt contain plenty of concessions. Instead of giving us a financial boost, I wouldn't be surprised if the gate prices actually detered casual fans.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879

Casual fans will not pay £24 for league two football, it will put more off than those who are open to paying.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have nothing against paying £24 for 90 minutes of entertaining football, there are which cost far more for less but i would hope a decrease is made because that might finally tempt me towards repaying the faith the following season by getting a st.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For the fare you are going to be served at the lane this season, I don't think you can grumble at the current rates.... If you absolutely knew it was going to guarantee us promotion would your opinion differ....

24 quid to watch dross..... no thanks

24 quid to watch Notts tearing the league a new one, ripping it up and going up at the first attempt..... I should coco!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

24 quid to watch Notts tearing the league a new one, ripping it up and going up at the first attempt..... I should coco!

If I were you, I would cut off using that Supergrass! ;)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's been said many times the majority pick up their tickets beneath £24, so this include students and concessions but having listened to people who have told me that they will not pay £24 (which I have seen tickets), then I do feel the club should perhaps consider making some sort of movement.

The more in, the more that will purchase food and snacks and the easier Notts make this, the more money they will gain.

Naturally it's not always this easy though but the additions of catering just by the stands, was a brilliant idea.

• Content Count:  121

I think the club should drop the prices this year even if it is just by a couple of quid. I think it would show fans that they appreciate the ticket prices are high and that they are listening to fan's opinions whilst also not taking too much money away from the gates.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

TBH £24 for League 2 is a bit naughty, especially as we're only charging a quid more for Championship football

Am I right in thinking that Bundesliga games at Shalke are only about 15 euros

Am I right in thinking that Bundesliga games at Shalke are only about 15 euros

Yes, a standing ticket there costs €15.50. Don't think they're easy to get hold of though. If you want to sit, they also offer tickets at €26 (in the heavens) or €31, which is still cheaper than ours. Plus you get free public transport. On the other hand, children's tickets are more expensive than ours - concessions of €13 are only available in one block and if adults pay €41.50. Otherwise they pay full whack.

Ticket prices in England are too expensive across the board, but any club that reduces them on its own is at a competitive disadvantage. The League should set maximum prices in each division and either freeze them or reduce them gradually.

24 quid is a bit naughty, but I doubt many people actually pay it anyway apart from away fans. It's more of an incentive to buy a ST.

Maybe we ought to... see if dropping price can increase numbers

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Maybe we ought to... see if dropping price can increase numbers

My only fear is the drop in price is not offset by the required increase in numbers. I'm sure Ray has spoken about this before a few years ago.

Averaging around 5,000 at £24 = £120,000

We would need 6,000 to get £120,000 if tickets were £20.

This is, of course, a very simplistic calculation due to concessions/season tickets, but it still highlights a point I suppose.

Saying that, I'd love to see the ground more full, but I think success is going to be the main driver for that!

My only fear is the drop in price is not offset by the required increase in numbers. I'm sure Ray has spoken about this before a few years ago.

Averaging around 5,000 at £24 = £120,000

We would need 6,000 to get £120,000 if tickets were £20.

This is, of course, a very simplistic calculation due to concessions/season tickets, but it still highlights a point I suppose.

Saying that, I'd love to see the ground more full, but I think success is going to be the main driver for that!

We don't sell anything like 5000 tickets at 24 pounds though. First we have around 3000 season ticket holders, so they're out of the calculation. Of the remaining 2000, a good proportion are concessions, maybe as many as half. Ultimately we'll have around 1000-1200 people who actually pay our inflated ticket prices, including away fans. And most of those pay 22 quid for the Kop, not 24.

If we assume 1200 people pay on average 23 pounds each, that's 27,600 pounds every home match. A price of 20 pounds would net us 24,000 pounds per match, a shortfall of 3,600 pounds per week. To put that into perspective, we probably now have players who earn almost that amount on their own. Another 180 people through the gate would be enough to make up this shortfall.

Archived