Signings so far?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Did you think you would be pleased with the Wheeling's and dealings? Has Notts achieved your expectations or gone over them?

I did not expect the signings at all and I thought the majority would be average to honest.

So I am pleasantly surprised by them and I just hope that Moniz reaps the rewards from all the hard work involved because I was starting to think do serious changes might be required to push on from here.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For me... They way we ended the season gave me hope that with some tinkering the manager would be able to keep us at the top of this league. I always thought we would bring in the odd overseas player due to his connections.... but this amount of rebuilding was needed! I just didnt know if the board/chairman had the money or the desire for the fight.

As always happy to be proved wrong... and am rather excited about the season ahead.

COYP

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

On paper, this is a very strong squad that should easily achieve promotion, winning the league would be a nice bonus. I do think it may take a few games for the team to find their feet but I expect they will be in full flow well before Christmas. Patience is essential.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I felt we would be signing players that could do a job in League Two but I was unsure if they would stand out, as we had been linked with several Non League players during last season. I felt that would have been a natural transition, after relegation had been confirmed but I also expected us to sign lower League One players and I felt that whatever the outcome we would be within the play-offs or just lower.

Notts have done well to target the signings they made, it clearly shows the hard which has been put into the negotiations and transfers.

Being openly honest, it's well above what I had even hoped for. You Pies!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

The more recent ones have beat my expectations, Bennett and Sharpe are the typed I thought we would be in for but I am happy with each new addition to the squad.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

After Aileen's comments about not knowing where our budget stood, I had the feeling we would end up with the same old, same old. That actually lowered my expectations and its only really lifted in recent weeks.

The signs are mixed, many unknowns but I am pleased.

It looks like as a club we are focusing on potential and ability, not just players who have played the game at an higher level.

• Content Count:  125

Lets just say i haven't been this excited for a season since 2009-10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

impressed but i think they can do better ;)

• Content Count:  128

After Aileen's comments about not knowing where our budget stood, I had the feeling we would end up with the same old, same old. That actually lowered my expectations and its only really lifted in recent weeks.

The signs are mixed, many unknowns but I am pleased.

It looks like as a club we are focusing on potential and ability, not just players who have played the game at an higher level.

Nerves no doubt, yet it was not the best thing to come out and say.

Signings have been carefully planned, they don't seem rushed or just signed because we could. One of Derry's flaws were that he would sign any position, yet the one we needed hardly arrived. The current squad additions are pleasing, credit to Notts.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm quite Confident about all the Signings.

According to the MP Interviews Moniz has given, all seems good as long as everybody is on board, i can see and hear a few smiling Faces This season

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've been really surprised by the signings I didn't think we would be signing the number and apparent quality that we are.

I do think that a good clear out was needed but like @PTID1862 I didn't think that the chairman and board would be up for it.

It does seem as though we are literally going all out to get out of the league at the first attempt I really hope that it pays off.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I am very impressed. Not just the signings, but by the commitment shown by the board. All these new signing do not come cheap so Mr Trew must be digging into his pockets again.

I hope all the signings gel and make a real go of it. The excitement caused by it all must be good for business tickets wise. If the can rip a team apart like we did to Bradford and Macclesfield in 09 then the Buzz will be amazing.

I still think we are missing a main striker though. I realise with all the influx it means the possibility that the large majority of players retained won't play, but let's be honest. 2 relegation battles on the trot maketh a team do not!!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

@hissingdwarf, @tonyhateley, @GrannyPie

What do you think?

Very happy indeed.On paper all looks good but its on the field that counts.Very optimistic though.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

There is supposed to be another signing tomorrow....

at least two this week, perhaps 3

Archived