This is England?

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Now the dust has settled on the Shane Meadows drama, I am interested to hear people's view on the recent 4 partner and the whole series as well.

What did you think?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I thought the film and 3 series were fantastic. Meadows got it just right, a mixture of comedy and tragedy. It had to come to an end and the end was a fitting one.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I really like two of the films, yet not the whole series and I can't say I like the TV show.

Whilst watching the TV show, I felt like I was watching a bad merge of Hollyoaks and Emmerdale - Two things I can't stand.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've not seen it so can't comment.

For me, growing up on a rough council estate in the eighties, it resonated on so many levels.
Superb acting from people who were all unknowns when the journey began. It dealt with the issues really well and, at times, was hard to watch because it was so hard hitting. Had to end at some point, but it is a shame as for me, it feels like a group of friends I grew up with won't be seen again.
Brilliant.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This is Engliand is one of the best films I've seen, full stop. It's one of those films that makes you think, it resonates long after you watch it and you never forget it. And it's so hard-hitting. The series is different though. I tried watching the first series, but I just couldn't get into it. It just felt like a soap opera with the characters from the film, didn't work for me. I can't comment on the last two series though - did I miss much?

This is Engliand is one of the best films I've seen, full stop. It's one of those films that makes you think, it resonates long after you watch it and you never forget it. And it's so hard-hitting. The series is different though. I tried watching the first series, but I just couldn't get into it. It just felt like a soap opera with the characters from the film, didn't work for me. I can't comment on the last two series though - did I miss much?

In a word, yes you did!

The 88 series was brilliant. Very much like the original film.

The latest and final one, 90, took a lot to get going. In fact, for the first two episodes it felt like a good excuse for old mates to get together and just have fun (which considering how much they've put into the programmes, that's excusable in my book.)

But the final two episodes blew me away. Totally committed emotionally charged, reducing to tears type of episodes.

Unbelievably good.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i have not seen it, probably wont tbh.

Archived