Welcome Notts-1893

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Welcome @Notts-1893, I hope you enjoy being a part of the Pride of Nottingham community and that you feel at home here once you settle in.

If you have any question please do ask.

Would you introduce yourself? Perhaps explain your choice of usernames and how long you have supported Notts.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everybody, thanks for the welcoming. 

First of all, sorry if sometimes my English is not completely understandable, I do my best.  :ahappy:

My name is Thomas, I'm a 21 year old student and I live in a small town in the 'Münsterland', a region in the west of Germany. I am a big football fan, especially a fan of the english football. I'm interessted in the english football since Thierry Henry had his glory time at Arsenal. This is also the reason I am a sympathizer of Arsenal London. But why Notts County? Since a few years i am also interested in the lower english leagues, and this/your club really got me thrilled. The history of this club, the oldest professionel club in the world, and the support of the fans, even in the fourth league, this is really insane. I have to admit that County got to my mind only at the end of last season, when Ricardo Moniz got the coach. No, I'm not a fan of Moniz, but he worked in Germany and Austria and so it came also in the german news. Since then I pursue the club and the games and, as I said, I've learned a lot of the Magpies, and suffer and cheer with this club.

But of course I am also into the German football, and there is one club in my heart, it's the VfB Stuttgart. Stuttgart was founded in 1893 (yeah, compared to the Magpies a very young club :lol:), so this is the reason of my nickname. Unfortenately Stuttgart is about 480 kilometres away from my hometown, and so I can only be two or three times at our beautiful stadium. But I am at a lot of away games (Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Hamburg..). At the moment we are (again) at the bottom of the table.. in the last years we've droped down in the league and fight against relegation. But once a "Schwabe", always a "Schwabe", no matter what will happen :heart:

But back to the Magpies. This was also a reason for me to be so interested in this club. The last years were also for you more than hard, but the supporters stay loyal to their team, this is very important, a club is nothing without his fans!
I always pursued the results and watched the match highlights videos on YouTube but it was not enough for me, and so I've searched for a forum and got to this site. Hope it was a good choice, but I think so, my first impressions are positive.

Soooo, I think that was the most important things about me. If you have questions, ask them! 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Welcome from me too @Notts-1893 you have joined a very friendly community. Please don't apologise about your English it is excellent. 

I look forward to reading your views on Notts County and football in general.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Welcome to the board @Notts-1893, you've definitely chosen the right club and the right forum! A few of us actually live in Germany - I live in Mannheim, and there are a couple of other members from further north. My ex was actually from Stuttgart so I know the place a bit, but I've never been to a match there (it's on my to-do list though). I've seen Stuttgarter Kickers though, and I've visited Karlsruhe's craphole, sorry I mean stadium :lol:

Lower division football in England is a bit different to Germany. We've had four fully professional divisions since 1922 (the fifth is mostly professional nowadays too). So unlike in Germany, where the Regionalliga has its fair share of village clubs and B teams, the teams we play against are fully professional and relatively well supported too. League Two is still crap though and we want to move upwards!

Lokking forward to reading your views and your take on Notts and English football!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

@Notts-1893 welcome to pon!

thanks for sharing your introduce, people here will not judge you on your writing. i feel completely content with adding my opinion and i know others will value yours. hope you do join in and like the site.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

Welcome to PoN @Notts1893.Great intro.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Welcome. I lived in Monchengladbach in the 90's and saw many good games against VfB home and away. My most recent visit to Stuttgart was about 3 years ago when you won 2-0 and Gladbach were awful.

Archived