Yeovil v Notts

ivansneck

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I've only seen the half time score, is anyone there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I am unfortunately.  Hewitt having a nightmare along with linesman on left. Disjointed best description for Notts. Yeovil more pace when they go forward.  Both goals preventao

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

So so disappointing, all change but nothing's changed, can see next weeks attendance being an all time low for the first home game of the season, and don't get me started on Magpie player, what a shambols.

I said previously playing Blackburn under 21s was a mistake.  Team wasn't prepared for the fight of League 2. Stead woeful in touch and possession.  Forte the pick of the forwards. If Collins was a championship keeper, he didn't show it today. Questions over Sheridan's judgment over replacing Stanley with Smudge 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Sigh. Worse possible start. Will get better I'm sure. Going to take time to gel. Hollis at fault for the 2nd goal? Oliver did well?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

First game in , disappointing and work to do , but this is only one game of a grueling marathon ahead , we will improve without doubt, keep the faith peeps , JS will have learnt more today than in any friendly we played or could have played . Roll on the next few games .

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Same s*** different season. Here we go again. 

Goalkeeper was horrific - kicking all over the shop and fumbling everything.

Defence was a total shambles, and to be honest who expected any different given that its the sae defence which shipped goals for fun last season? Little to no positional sense, a total inabiity to mark and stay with a man, and it would appear someones been telling them they're not actually allowed to try and tackle an opponent.

The midfield was non existant. Even Aborah was totally anonymous and the "wingers" really provided no width whatsoever. 

And thus, the forwards were isolated and feeding off of scraps. Just the occasional hopeful punt forwards, but we created absolutely naf all. Their goalkeeper didn't have one real save to make. 

On the contrary, Yeovil could've been 4 or 5 goals to the good by half time, and that's no exageration. Second half they naturally were happy to sit back and pick us off on the break, because they knew that unless they presented us with a goal we wouldn't ever score. By the end they were keeping the ball for fun and taking the mick. We were played off the pak by a very mediocre side.

Not sure how to describe my feelings. Dissapointed? Of course. But I can't even claim to be gutted because I'm honestly not surprised. Even after the positive performances in pre season I thought there was reason for ccautious optimism but nothing was ever going to change overnight. And today has emphasises just what a massive job John Sheridan has on his hands. He's been talking about promotion a lot, but I think today might just prove how far we are from that goal. 

I can only hope that today was a false start and we get going next week with back-to-back home games against a Stevenage side who many are tipping for the drop, and a Plymouth side who got torn a new one on home soil today. 

Time will tell, but one things for sure - if we play like we did today, it's going to be another very long, miserable and depressing season...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Tall, uncompromising, no nonsense centre half anyone?!? No, of course not, let's go with 2 that were completely useless last season and expect it to be different!

Completely unbelievable that we have not had one since Graeme Lee and no manager has addressed it. Until we do, it will be a struggle.

@weymouthPIE sums it up pretty well. The Brano legacy of Hewitt and Audel getting 2 year contracts and Hollis gaining another year says it all about our defensive capabilities. As for Smith coming on and could well have been sent off towards the end. Depressed.

Comments from Somerset Live on the ref:

Ollie Yates - Should have booked at least five players, interfered with play when he got in the way of an Alex Lawless pass and missed a foul on Matt Tootle for a penalty. The visitors would argue Dawson fouled Collin for the first goal as well. Not a good game for the ref.

Read more at http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/yeovil-town-notts-county-report-and-player-ratings-from/story-29592068-detail/story.html#bGUYbsh8TKWYEbug.99

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I may have misheard, but thought CS said it was the first football league game as referee for Yates?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

First game of many.  Not too worried yet.  When O'Connor is fit and on the pitch should be able to whip people into shape 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Disappointed, I have to say that.

I can see what John Sheridan was trying to do and obviously had hoped would work, he wanted us to control the game and attack them. Yet, I have to say I find it very disrespectful that we treated them like a schoolboy team and for that reason, we are always likely to be punished. Once they had gone 1-0, we should have built from the back but it sounds as if caution went with the wind and credit to Yeovil for starting off with a win.

Personally, I don't think we should solely relay on 3 defenders - just like we shouldn't go for just one striker up top.

It's the first game, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm not worried.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Tall, uncompromising, no nonsense centre half anyone?!? No, of course not, let's go with 2 that were completely useless last season and expect it to be different!

Completely unbelievable that we have not had one since Graeme Lee and no manager has addressed it. Until we do, it will be a struggle.

I think Sheridan has tried to address it he is stuck with what he has until a few leave its not his fault 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

"]
2 hours ago, Fozzy said: Tall, uncompromising, no nonsense centre half anyone?!? No, of course not, let's go with 2 that were completely useless last season and expect it to be different!

I think Sheridan has tried to address it he is stuck with what he has until a few leave its not his fault 

I disagree, the back four was the number 1 priority after last season and to see Hewitt, Hollis and Audel still in it is a bit soul destroying. We have no chance of a top ten finish until two of them have been replaced.

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I wasn't at the game but watching the lowlights three things are glaringly obvioud, 1, Collin is shyte no way Scott Loach would have got done like that. 2, Hollis has a turning circle akin to a super tanker, he nearly ran off the pitch in trying to turn around. 3, Audel stands and watches too much, he doesn't anticipate anything, the first rule of attacking or defending is expect the keeper to drop it / push it out / just basically make a mistake not stand there and watch them try to react afterwards.

I heard that Tootle and Dickinson nearly came to blows at half time, at least we have two players who have something about them and care for the performance the team put in

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

I thought Duffy was our new man to get us sorted at the back? Or did he play in midfield? Haven't seen the "highlights" yet...

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Thanks to all for bringing me up to date on my 2nd teams  performance.JS obviously has a lot of work still to do but he will have learnt a tough lesson against Yeovil.Were there any positives ?

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

7 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

I thought Duffy was our new man to get us sorted at the back? Or did he play in midfield? Haven't seen the "highlights" yet...

The problem from what I saw was the Hollis left him terribly exposed all the time

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Collin is shyte no way Scott Loach would have got done like that.

Loach is a great guy but makes so many mistakes and is very hesitant when taking kicks

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

19 hours ago, gtownjohnno said:

Do you really mean that Hollis literally pulled his shorts and jock down!!!!!!!

What happens in the changing room, stays in the changing room.

Archived