Most disappointing 2016/17 signing?

Blink1862

8 games into the season, which player has been the most disappointing signing of 2016/17? Do you see them improving?

Adam Collin or Michael O'Connor have been very disappointing.

Once fit, Michael O'Connor should improve but it is hard to see where Collin can. Just very average for this division.

All three mentioned previously have been disappointing, but it is Collin for me as he is the one man who should inspire confidence for those in front of him, but unfortunately he just doesn't.

I didn't go to the game on Saturday, but I couldn't believe their opening goal. Collin should have taken out all three players in getting a fist to that ball first. He should be bellowing constantly at his defence for 90+ minutes, making them aware of where the danger is and be positioned correctly to deal with what is coming, unfortunately he isn't great at either.

I will add that Rodman runs him a close second in this pole though.

Problem is many of the players we tend to get probably impress for one or more games, we all recall Branston and was it Sharpe? The Accrington lad doesn't seem to be their regular goalkeeper, which for me would suggest more than what his current professional appearances does.

Though I do wonder what it takes to be a scout at our club. :)

8 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Problem is many of the players we tend to get probably impress for one or more games, we all recall Branston and was it Sharpe? The Accrington lad doesn't seem to be their regular goalkeeper, which for me would suggest more than what his current professional appearances does.

Though I do wonder what it takes to be a scout at our club. :)

Brano goes down in Notts history as the second worse performance, even tho.ugh it was only 45 minutes. Brian Parkin, The Bristol Rovers keeper on loan takes the title

On 22/09/2016 at 08:30, Piethagoram said:

Brano goes down in Notts history as the second worse performance, even tho.ugh it was only 45 minutes. Brian Parkin, The Bristol Rovers keeper on loan takes the title

I'm still traumatised by that display, even though it is nearly 20 years on! It was truly the worst goalkeeping display (against Lincoln of all teams!) I have ever seen and it was no wonder the Brizzle fans used to call him w*** hands! 

@Fozzy I am glad I am not the only one to have it fixed the nightmare in my memory. I had to check my ratings for Hewitt at Portsmouth last season

Hewitt 2 No pride, no passion, no defensive positioning awareness...maybe even 2 is too generous ( how come he wasn't substituted?)

Third worse Notts performance, I give you Matty Gill at Rushden.. Hung out to dry at Right Back, it was just embarrassing.

Archived