Match Discussion: Game 13 - The Railwaymen (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,278
  • Days Won:  80

Game 13 - The Railwaymen (H)

Team: Crewe Alexandra

Date: 15/10/16

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should John Sheridan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

This has turned into a must win game for Notts after 3 defeats on the trot and a team of untouchables. Changes have to be made against a side that has always had a good footballing philosophy, so I can see a bit of a struggle against what should be a more mobile team. We could try Dickinson at Centre Half as he can't surely be any worse in that position and he is supposed to be able to play there.

Go with a midfield diamond as we have no natural width and a side of:

Loach

Tootle, Laing, Dickinson, Audel

Richards

O'Connor (If fit, or) Aborah,  Milsom

Collins

Stead, Forte

To Mr Sheridan,

Collin, Duffy and Rodman do not currently deserve to be in the side, so bin them to the bench to show that everybody can be dropped, not just the players you inherited. Also stop taking off your leading goalscorer when you need a goal!

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Crewe have surprised me. Decent side or a reflection of how ordinary L2 is? Answers on a postcard.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Honestly, I think we'll lose to Crewe - not that the performance won't be better but I think we'll fall back a bit more in order to move forward. We seem to be like that, winning breeds confidence and we play better - yet one setback and we fall upon awkward times. The players really need to remind themselves why they enter the field of play, self motivate themselves and just smarten up with what they do on a pitch.

Mansfield really shouldn't be our undoing, yet it seems to be going down that route.

The performance needs to be spot on, we need to keep our faith in Sheridan and hopefully after a bit of time we will get our form back.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,920
  • Days Won:  162

On 12/10/2016 at 11:32, Fozzy said:

This has turned into a must win game for Notts after 3 defeats on the trot and a team of untouchables.

i would be very surprised if we beat crewe @Fozzy.

you are right about the untouchables and that the game has turned into a must win game for notts. will we go on winning streaks, then losing? why can we not draw some of the games which we struggle? we always concede one to many and then struggle further.

think crewe will walk over us, we are at home and the kop is impatient atm.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Good points above well made , if ever the team needed our support this season Saturdays game is one for sure , this team is a work in progress much still needs doing to be a good side regularly , win a few lose a few could well be the pattern for much of the campaign , but COYP nonetheless 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Isn't Dickinson suspended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

Isn't Dickinson suspended?

Yes, announced on Radio Red this morning and O'Connor won't be fit either, so I have now changed my team to be:

Loach

Tootle, Laing, Duffy, Audel

Richards

Aborah,  Milsom

Collins

Stead, Forte

Duffy should be more at home hopefully against Crewe as they don't have a big target man up front, the worrying thing is if we allow them to move the ball quickly through midfield.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't have Tootle any where near the team, doesn't want the ball, no pace and blames others for his own shortcomings, how he gets in the team over Audel is shocking,  The biggest critiscm of Sheridan so far is playing players he signed like Tootle and Rodman every game despite how crap they are!

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I wouldn't have Tootle any where near the team, doesn't want the ball, no pace and blames others for his own shortcomings, how he gets in the team over Audel is shocking,  The biggest critiscm of Sheridan so far is playing players he signed like Tootle and Rodman every game despite how crap they are!

I think tootle is a half decent player at centre mid, when he played there at the start he was our best player, id have to use your argument for Dicko, he's always blaming others when he's been dire in every game, rodman is the same, shown very little brilliance since the forest game
  • Like 1

Football in the Conmunity day today with thousands of tickets given away.
I now fully expect a dire performance that normally accompanies these types of promotion and putting these kids off for life!
[emoji35][emoji36][emoji42]

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

4 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Football in the Conmunity day today with thousands of tickets given away.
I now fully expect a dire performance that normally accompanies these types of promotion and putting these kids off for life!
emoji35.pngemoji36.pngemoji42.png

Nearly right!  Good to see so many taking up the offer, and nice to see the Sirrel stand packed with youngsters.  I just hope that after 75 minutes of tedium an exciting last 15 minutes might be enough to persuade a few to return.

• Like 2

@Blackville fell asleep in the first half. I wish I had. Enjoyed the last half hour though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Fantastic to see so many youngsters at the game,  I applaud the club on this great iniative, this should be repeated 3 or 4 times st least this season,. and who knows they might see us win 😃

• Like 2

The Jimmy Sirrel being well populated made a big difference

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Stallard: "If it stays like this for 90 minutes i'm in danger of not being awake for the final 10" #

Stallard's comment made in the first half. The lack of atmosphere really comes down to the players out there giving numbingly dull individually performances. Where are the hero's that can lift the crowd? Laing, Stead, Richards, Collins when he came on, Genaro too. Players like Rodman send people into a deep coma :D It needed some midfield positivity, which Stanley can provide.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I was keeping an eye on SSN yesterday. Delighted when Notts went 1 up. Turned my back and missed the Crewe goal. Actually thought Sky had made a mistake!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I only noticed hours after the game that we had drawn 1-1, I went out with my family and bumped into a Stags fan who Noticed my Notts coat and he delightfully told me 'We beat you'. My response 'But did you win today?' He said they drew like us. :lol:

Good point really, though from the sounds of it the performance didn't really match the effort of @Football in the Community.

I have nothing but praise for their fantastic effort.

Yet again the energy for Notts comes from off the bench. Genaro did more in the few minutes he was on than Rodman has done all season.
Hopefully JS will now realise that it's no good having an experienced side if there is no energy or urgency within it and that comes from having some youth and pace on the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2