David Conn article

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/22/notts-county-takeover-alan-hardy-ray-trew#img-1

Just a recap over 14m accumalted debts, 2 million written off. 

Supporters would be more understanding if there was some transparency, to be aware of how things have been allowed to get this far

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Thanks for sharing.

If the 14 million figure is correct then that is shocking and I'd be surprised if it were manageable for a club of our size. I hope this goes through but I'm worried that administration isn't out of the question yet.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Absolute joke, how much did you guys spend in order to get back to back promotions @BradtheMiller? I also wonder how much has been spent on player/staff pay offs.

No doubt there was once a passion to make our club great again but it never happened for a reason.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Just been catching up with the post , don't know the ins and outs of it all but that story and the efforts being put in by AH and his team speak volumes about the man , warms the heart , AH top bloke can't wait to get supporting NCFC under his ownership .

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Absolute joke, how much did you guys spend in order to get back to back promotions @BradtheMiller? I also wonder how much has been spent on player/staff pay offs.
No doubt there was once a passion to make our club great again but it never happened for a reason.

Pay offs. You may have hit the nail on the head there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's go back to the beginning... £7m-£7.5m on unravelling the Munto mess. If you could turn back the clock, should we have gone into administration then? I respect Ray and @erindoors for not taking the easy option. That means roughly we have lost maybe £1.5m a season since, which maybe par for the course for Clubs intent on progressing.

Then,bit is time to step back and consider how the likes of Burton, Rotherham, Scunthorpe have progressed. Ray has certainly been ill advised, by a string of CEO's who despite having footballing knowledge, made bad decisions. I for one, think the CEO should be exempt from footballing influence.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Let's go back to the beginning... £7m-£7.5m on unravelling the Munto mess. If you could turn back the clock, should we have gone into administration then? I respect Ray and @erindoors for not taking the easy option. That means roughly we have lost maybe £1.5m a season since, which maybe par for the course for Clubs intent on progressing.

Then,bit is time to step back and consider how the likes of Burton, Rotherham, Scunthorpe have progressed. Ray has certainly been ill advised, by a string of CEO's who despite having footballing knowledge, made bad decisions. I for one, think the CEO should be exempt from footballing influence.

If you discount 7-7.5 mil, then the SLO that 'advised' us recently via the official site is telling porkies isn't he? He said we lose 'about' 250k per month. Over 6 years, that is 18 million. 18 + 7 doesn't equal 14, by my books anyway, but I'm not an accountant. If what he said was true, then we'd lose 3 mil a year, not 1.5.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Ray has certainly been ill advised, by a string of CEO's who despite having footballing knowledge, made bad decisions. I for one, think the CEO should be exempt from footballing influence.

By a string of employee's he employed, if you don't consider their advice to be wise then why would you even bother listening to them? The bad decisions stem from him and him alone. He's had the ability to hire, recruit and employ staff but all these departs have seen massive failure.

Dire managerial appointments are only a part of it.

Whilst he probably has been ill advised, I do not think we should underestimate the mistakes he made.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I think there will be a whole host of things we will only learn once the takeover is completed.

I have to say I am concerned about the amount of debt we could be in, hopefully efforts will be made to reduce the amount between now and when that finally happens. You have to think at what stage will it become enough for even Alan Hardy.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

21 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

I think there will be a whole host of things we will only learn once the takeover is completed.

I wonder if we will learn them?  As has been mentioned above none of the figures seem to add up.  I think everyone puts in their own personal bias on the numbers, but what seems apparent is that we can't seem to be competitive on our gate income alone, even though it is respectable for this level.  We need a certain degree of owner 'investment' to stay solvent.  That's why I find it hard to be overly critical of the Trews.  While it's true that many of our problems have been caused by Ray's poor decisions and appointments, he has (until recently) made good any shortfall.  I just hope the takeover goes through without problems and both Alan Hardy and the Trews are mutually satisfied.  If that happens, then it's over to you Big Al to write the next chapter in our eventful history.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

the takeover needs to go through safely, not just for ray but for the clubs future. i am not sure if it does not happen this time how we could move forward. hardy clearly wants notts for the right reasons because he knows what to expect. someone else thought they would be getting a easy ride to the championship.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

How do you spend so much money on a League One/Two team? Seriously that is just crazy!

Remember how the Trews have banged on about having experience? Sorry but it looks like the whole saga was a clueless one based on false dawns and fake promises. Even if some of the debt was ran up by Munto, Ray has told us we was operating in the green. What utter bull$***.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

On 23/12/2016 at 19:18, Elite_pie said:

I wonder if we will learn them?  As has been mentioned above none of the figures seem to add up.  I think everyone puts in their own personal bias on the numbers, but what seems apparent is that we can't seem to be competitive on our gate income alone, even though it is respectable for this level.  We need a certain degree of owner 'investment' to stay solvent.  That's why I find it hard to be overly critical of the Trews.  While it's true that many of our problems have been caused by Ray's poor decisions and appointments, he has (until recently) made good any shortfall.  I just hope the takeover goes through without problems and both Alan Hardy and the Trews are mutually satisfied.  If that happens, then it's over to you Big Al to write the next chapter in our eventful history.

The club is desperate for transparency, provided Hardy has not signed any agreements against it. He should release some of the facts that haven't been all that forthcoming under the club as things stand now. There are many things which we should know, I do not care about the finer details but I do think some of the things that has been hidden from public knowledge should be known. This includes how so much debts have been allowed to run up.

We learned more about Munto Finance because of Ray.

Archived