Alan Hardy's press conference

Joe Jones

So Alan Hardy's officially the new owner of Notts County, Kevin Nolan is the manager, and all seems well once again at Meadow Lane.

At his press conference, Hardy discussed plenty of things about his arrival including his vision for Notts, the training, the scouting and so on.

It's all (well, the key points) here:

So what do you think of what he's told the press?

It's frightening really , many on social media have passed comments on the past regime , and from the limited information we have it seems you are close in what you say @Super_Danny_Allsopp , but a new chapter begins , and among the gloom , the way forward gives reason for realistic optimism , let's try to be positive   realistic and supportive , thanks Alan Hardy the club still breath's another day .

Sad to hear that debts to other football clubs will mean the transfer embargo will continue past paying HMRC. Debts owed to other clubs might be putting those football clubs under financial pressure. It can't be good for Notts reputation within the League. Listening to both AH and KN they sound genuine and enthusiastic - Notts needs that. These past couple of seasons going to watch Notts has almost been a chore at times. I hope that KN can justify AH's confidence in him and that AH rewards that with time. 'Realistic optimism' I like that @Who r ya?? You Pies!! The realist in me says Notts will struggle Saturday, the optimist says that we can survive this season. The realist says that Notts may not always entertain but the optimist is sure, after listening to what he says, that under AH's stewardship going to Meadow Lane to support Notts will be money well spent. The realist knows that KN might struggle at times but I'm optimistic that he has the talent to improve Notts County.

I hope that Notts fans return in numbers to Meadow Lane, the fan base determines how far the club can rise.

Let's put the Super in Notts.

#SuperNotts

48 minutes ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

What a brilliant post @Riverleeno totally agree pal , super back in NOTTS yes please 

For what it's worth :super:is backin'  Notts.:thumbsup:

He sounds like he knows what he's doing, i like the honesty, some won't.

He isn't daft thats for sure and knows what it is going to take to make our club great again, very astute move in appointing Kevin Nolan, its like a 2 for 1 deal, get a manager and a player who is quite clearly still good enough for the very top

Obviously the proof of pudding is in the eating. But he seems genuine and I like his attitude. He's also self-aware enough to know his limitations so I hope there'll be minimal interference with the team. The most important thing a chairman can do is employ a manager, staff and coaches who can make the team a success. We're all hoping he made a first step yesterday.

2 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

its like a 2 for 1 deal, get a manager and a player who is quite clearly still good enough for the very top

I posted a link to the Leyton Orient forum yesterday. They very much beg to differ! :devil:

Supporter+

The transfer embargo being lifted before the window closes could well determine whether Notts will be a league club next season. I have no faith in the current squad of players having the drive and appetite that is required for a relegation battle. 

13 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

The transfer embargo being lifted before the window closes could well determine whether Notts will be a league club next season. I have no faith in the current squad of players having the drive and appetite that is required for a relegation battle. 

You could well be right. I have hope Nolan can turn them around, but I still fear they are a bad bunch who can't be turned. 

23 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Obviously the proof of pudding is in the eating. But he seems genuine and I like his attitude. He's also self-aware enough to know his limitations so I hope there'll be minimal interference with the team. The most important thing a chairman can do is employ a manager, staff and coaches who can make the team a success. We're all hoping he made a first step yesterday.

I posted a link to the Leyton Orient forum yesterday. They very much beg to differ! :devil:

The issue players like Kevin Nolan have when they drop down the leagues is that they are still minutes ahead in their thinking and the players they are playing with just cannot play at the same pace of thinking. This is the biggest reason why Stan looks ponderous now as we play slow attacking football, if you watch him closely in a game you will see he is looking for a pass long before his team mates have started moving, it would he interesting to see Stan and Nolan together in midfield in a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Honestly I would praise Alan Hardy's commitment to Notts and bringing a feel good factor, I really feel he knows exactly how to treat people and what needs to be done in order for the best to come to this football club.

He's doing well with the amount of offers and the excitement they bring.

Fingers crossed things continue as they do and we can start turning draws into wins.

Archived