The outburst that got John Sheridan banned

Joe Jones

So the FA has published the written decision on John Sheridan's disciplinary hearing from his outburst against Eddie Ilderton in the game against Wycombe Wanderers a month ago.

All I can say is, blimey. Now, I know I'm a bit of a potty mouth (ask Notts Joe), but I didn't think it was even possible to cram so many naughty words in one sentence.

Read for yourselves! :shocked:

(***Warning: NSFW***)

http://www.the42.ie/john-sheridan-ban-christmas-presents-abuse-referee-fourth-official-3196581-Jan2017/

Image result for i am shocked and appalled bart simpson

Supporter+

I'm wondering why his kids wouldn't be getting any Christmas presents? 

There's got to be some sort of abnormal pressure making him revert to that sort of rant, whilst it makes me think it's enough to give him the sack alone - I would love to know why he did. As I mentioned, he seemed very irrational towards the end of his time as our manager.

Perhaps it was related to all the fines he had received?

4 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

So the FA has published the written decision on John Sheridan's disciplinary hearing from his outburst against Eddie Ilderton in the game against Wycombe Wanderers a month ago.

All I can say is, blimey. Now, I know I'm a bit of a potty mouth (ask Notts Joe), but I didn't think it was even possible to cram so many naughty words in one sentence.

At least we now know what his crime was to merit a 5 match ban, and in view of the transcript it's hard to say it wasn't deserved.  I do think however think that it's wrong that the FA have only decided to make half the story public.  In the interests of fairness, how about the FA make the referee assessor report public as well?  While Sheridan undoubtedly broke the rules with his outburst, he was spot on with his view of the officials (Christmas presents apart).  The ref was completely, utterly useless.  He got so much wrong (for both sides) that he should be facing some accountability for the way he failed to do his job.  Instead he still got his match fee.  

I bet nearly all managers turn the air blue from time to time, but a manager who makes veiled threats of violence and comments about getting the sack has lost all faith and confidence that he can turn things around.

The penalty was on the lenient side. Officials don't deserve that kind of abuse, however many decisions they get wrong in good faith.

To me that has confirmed that he had lost the plot and completely run out of ideas with Notts. His position was becoming untenable with the side anyway as he seemed unable to motivate the players and he had no way of fixing the mess we were in.

Archived