Out of contract 2017!

Turkey_Twizzler

Its getting to that time of the season again, not many games left (alright Im a bit early but don't shoot!)

These are the players out of contract this summer, if they aren't then blame my source! Heinz tomato!

c4a996e032b2038f34b9dd59dc07f348.jpg

Quite simple, who would you keep ? Wasn't sure about wildin and McMillan's contracts that's why they are there too!

Quite easy for me.
Useful/First Team: Stead, Forte, Milsom,
Backup: Thompson, Campbell, Richards, Duffy
Maybe: Hollis, Audel, Ameobi, Hewitt, Wildin
Get rid: Loach, Smith, Edwards, Atkinson, McMilan

Id probably be the same however after Campbell had a go at fans at accy, the maybes i would keep and not seen enough of McMillan to judge

Pretty sure that Forte was signed on a two year deal, but I would keep him anyway.

Of the others, I would keep Milsom, Richards and Ameobi. Richards I feel deserves one more year to see if he can establish himself.

Maybe 2 of Hollis, Audel and Duffy as backup centre halves, but not first choice.

Wildin and McMillan should get another year as well, or at least one of them should. Too many times we discard our youngsters after only one year as a pro and it has to stop if we are to stand any chance of developing any.

Try to offload Dickinson, if anybody will have him.

If we are to have a serious shot at promotion then we have to wave goodbye to the others and replace them with fewer, but better players.

1 hour ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Id probably be the same however after Campbell had a go at fans at accy, the maybes i would keep and not seen enough of McMillan to judge

think we should forgive and forget, so give everyone a cleanslate.

i really dont know who to keep but i think nolan should keep anyone he sees as being good enough for the first team. backups and fringe players with only a few appearance can be released. we can sign better i am sure but then all depends on the budget.

Stead is the only player who is a must to retain.

Any I the only one who expects him to depart at the end of the season though? I have to be honest the rest I don't care about. Forte is inconsistent and overrated. Robert Milsom is injury prone. The rest barely make an impact when on the team sheet, Richard Duffy especially!

Stead - Try to keep.
Forte - Wage depending, try to keep.
Milsom - Keep
Thompson - Keep
Campbell - Let go
Richards - Keep
Duffy  - If you would have asked me pre-Nolan, I couldn't even imagine a scenario where I'd want him to stay. Keep
 Hollis - Keep. Probably not on a lot and good backup at this level.
 Audel - Keep, as with Hollis.
Ameobi - Potentially keep. Nolan can judge if his legs have gone or not at the end of the season.
 Hewitt - Let go. 
Wildin - Nolan to judge
 Loach - He's had a few managers now, and noone seems to have him as their No. 1. Maybe he wants some game time somewhere else...
Smith - Coach only
 Edwards - Coach only
 Atkinson - Bye bye
 McMilan - Nolan to judge.

I'm gunner Go a different way and say that their the players who got us in the relagation zone .. so what's going to stop them from doing it again ... not likening the manager next season if he wants change things or they don't want him to what then.?? Have any of them been untoucheable season are they deserved of it I would say no

Archived