Favourite Notts County shirt?

Joe Jones

Alan Hardy has confirmed that the new Notts County shirt, made by Puma, should be coming out mid-July.

So while on the subject of Notts kits, we want to know - which is your favourite of all time?

Let PON know and if you've got pictures, feel free to share them on the thread!

The Adidas shirts from the 80s are bound to be popular. But personally I quite like this effort from 97-99:

notts-county-97-home_3_1_2.jpg

No nonsense, no overuse of yellow/gold, just a nice plain black and white shirt. Obscure, non-obtrusive sponsor (printed on the shirt, not ironed on, so it doesn't peel off) and stripes on the back are plus points too. Unfortunately I don't wear mine any more as it resembles a tent. But a very cool, black and white tent.

On a side note, a better range of retro shirts wouldn't go amiss. The only one with short sleeves is the centenary shirt, which is just a plain white shirt with the old badge on it.

In recent years, I loved the green and yellow shirt - I know others don't like it but I really like it.

Another favourite is the Tartan shirt, that was just class! Yet my favourite home shirt is the home bitter one from 1994/95. I wished I knew where mine was so I could hand it down to whoever it fit.

47 minutes ago, Chris said:

In recent years, I loved the green and yellow shirt - I know others don't like it but I really like it.

Another favourite is the Tartan shirt, that was just class! Yet my favourite home shirt is the home bitter one from 1994/95. I wished I knew where mine was so I could hand it down to whoever it fit.

You mean the 93-94 barcode effort, as worn on Sir Charlie Day? In 94-95 we were sponsored by Harp Lager.

(I don't get on in life because useless information like that is cluttering up my brain.)

1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

You mean the 93-94 barcode effort, as worn on Sir Charlie Day? In 94-95 we were sponsored by Harp Lager.

(I don't get on in life because useless information like that is cluttering up my brain.)

Yeah, I owned both though. :frantics:

@DangerousSausage That was the last home shirt that I really liked. Previous to that my two favourite designs are not surprisingly from our really successful times. Loved the late 70's, early 80's shirt and also loved the double promotion Matchwinner shirt we had under Warnock with the amber trim.

I'm looking forward to the new design and would like to see something a bit more radical, but I'm expecting something closer to Juve's kit.

On 2017-5-23 at 14:05, DangerousSausage said:

The Adidas shirts from the 80s are bound to be popular. But personally I quite like this effort from 97-99:

notts-county-97-home_3_1_2.jpg

No nonsense, no overuse of yellow/gold, just a nice plain black and white shirt. Obscure, non-obtrusive sponsor (printed on the shirt, not ironed on, so it doesn't peel off) and stripes on the back are plus points too. Unfortunately I don't wear mine any more as it resembles a tent. But a very cool, black and white tent.

On a side note, a better range of retro shirts wouldn't go amiss. The only one with short sleeves is the centenary shirt, which is just a plain white shirt with the old badge on it.

Archived