FGR reject third Notts bid for Liam Noble

Chris

It's getting silly now, we need to move on like we did with Jorge Grant despite there still being chance he may return on loan. We need to be looking into all areas of the squad, so that the depth and cover is there.

What do you folks think?

I've not been impressed with Notts County's near-desperate pursuit of both Jorge Grant (him signing a new contract at Forest and Alan Hardy publicly declaring Notts will be there to take him back should he become available on loan again) and now this reported third bid (which at £100k is frankly ludicrous for L2/non-league level) for an ex-player who has previous baggage at Meadow Lane?

Notts are coming across as a geezer who's feeling lonely, he's not having much luck with the ladies at present and so is resorting to calling his exes in hope one will take him back. Just let it go and look elsewhere mate!

Now, I wasn't to bothered about our lack of activity in the market so far, but the desperation to try and sign Noble is starting to get laughable! There must be better (free) options out there, with more pace and and a lot more nous. That money could bring in another player that we desperately need, especially with the bombshell that we are now only after another four players.

Going to be interesting over the next few weeks, as Notts fans will need some inspirational signings to make them turn out on a Saturday and hopefully young ones at that. The squad for me is starting to have a bit of a Dad's army look about it.

Its the clinging to the hope we can convince Forest Green to sell that strikes me as desperate. If we have 100k available to be spent then we should spend it on wages or other quality first team additions.

Liam Noble shouldn't have the fee hanging over him, he isn't that good.

FGR are made of money, they don't need to sell him at all. What kind of signal would that send out? They probably wouldn't sell if we quadrupled the fee. I can't help thinking that we want to sign him as a statement of intent rather than for footballing reasons.

I don't doubt he would be a good signing, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

who was behind us signing grant and bola?

they was decent finds, so i am not sure why we are hanging on fgr over liam nobles future. it does seem desperate but perhaps kevin nolan sees something and really wants him here?

Archived