• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Anybody aiming to attend any of the pre-season games? I know its pretty much standard and a way for Notts to gain fitness/trial players - all whilst experimenting with the team but it is good fun.

I'm hoping to attend a few of the smaller games, along with the two main home friendlies.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,942
  • Days Won:  162

i am just going to the forest home game but i may go to some of the others.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

I'll be groundhopping as usual. Going to my first PSF this coming Saturday North Ferriby v Scunthorpe, dunno the Saturday after but on the 22nd PNE v Newcastle at Deepdale

(10461) 20170704_142159.jpg

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

No, not bothering as it is the middle of the cricket season still! Will look at the scores and who played, but won't take any notice of performances, especially after all the raving about Mark (lets go up as champions) Fotheringham's games in pre season under Derry and Moniz's sides destruction of pub teams the other year.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Bloody Northern Rail strike has scuppered my North Ferriby trip so it's Parkgate (NCEL) v Millers instead

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I'm planning to pop along to Hucknall tomorrow as it's closer for me than a home game.  I'm guessing it will be the usual full squad playing half a game each and not being sure who a few of the players are, but it's easy to get a beer at Rolls Royce with a good barbecue, so with a decent weather forecast I'll probably get the old cycle out. 

A 0-6 stroll in the sun against very limited opposition, with goals from Milsom, Tootle, Stead (2), Ameobi and Smith.  Different teams in each half with a few triallists on display.  Alan Hardy was in attendance, but I take back what I said about it being easy to get a beer - the queue at half time was horrendous, although there did seem a few more there than usual for this fixture.  First impressions on the new kit are neutral - I like the front, but the faded stripes on the back make it look like the shirt is on inside out.  Also, the gold numbers aren't easy to identify, and that was from a couple of yards from the touchline.  

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,447
  • Days Won:  287

Did any of the trialists stand out? How did the new signings look?

The numbers were difficult to make out on the photos, never mind from the stands. I hope they're not the numbers we'll be using in the league. Might be an idea to switch to black numbers with a yellow outline.

10 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Did any of the trialists stand out? How did the new signings look?

I'm afraid it's impossible to give any real opinions due to the weakness of the opposition.  The game was played almost entirely in their half, and it would have been an easy win even if I had played for 90 minutes!  In the first half Hodge looked quite lively and second half Dan Jones got forward well.  I quite enjoy this fixture because it offers a first glimpse of the new faces, but it doesn't serve any purpose other than to blow away the cobwebs and make a few quid for the hosts.  I'm hoping to make a first visit to Basford United on Saturday, but we won't be able to offer any real opinions until we face better opposition.  

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have seen the highlights, we looked useful but the problem with pre-season is when you play against a low opposition everyone seems great.

Ricardo Moniz signed many of his squad based on performances again these types of clubs, when in fact they failed in tougher games like Grimsby. I hope to access the trialists against Forest.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Elliot Hodge looked one to watch.

He offered a lot of pace and wasn't pushed off the ball easily. The directness in midfield that he offered helped. Just need to see him a few more times to see if he can be the type of player we need though.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,942
  • Days Won:  162

anyone know how best to get to basfords ground from clifton?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Get the tram to David's Lane @liampie, then just walk towards the car park - follow straight (you will pass an old pub Horse & Jockey, then a petrol station). Keep following the path forward as you approach a block of very poorly designed shops and takeaway places.

Turn left, walk past them and follow the path down until you hit the houses.

After awhile you will see a right turn, if you look down the street you will see their ground (mixed area, bungalows and houses).

Archived