How much of a good thing is the Kevin Nolan contract extension?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • š¯•¸:  twitter fmcj10

I'm curious what other fans think about the contract extension and how much of a good thing it is for us as a club?

It's brilliant in my opinion, it shows how we are finally a forward thinking club and of course the hard-work behind the scenes comes into play. We have cut and changed the managers at Meadow Lane under previous regimes (even Munto) but so far Kevin Nolan and Alan Hardy are doing wonders. For me it breeds confidence and is an excellent sign for the players (not only them but us fans). It really does highlight the far distance we have come in such a short distance of time.

Myself and @Joe JonesĀ discussed the contract talks in the latest Pride of Nottingham PONcast.

I've also written my own thoughts at length inside this article below, so I am keen to see what your thoughts are.

Have your say, let PON know. COYP!!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Put simply, it shows a club being run properly. We've had enough managers and caretakers in the last 10 or so years to field two full football teams against each other, so it's great to have a manager actually tied down. Sure, a quality manager like Nolan will always have clubs in higher divisions sniffing round, but at least this shows commitment and it means Notts would get compensated.

As for Nolan himself, he has proven himself over the last nine months. He has a good working relationship with Alan Hardy, which is crucial, so when it comes to, say asking for funds for certain players in January or next summer, the likelihood is they'll both be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Very much plain sailing at the minute, and it's great to see. Even if Notts were to drop points here and there, you get the feeling that standards will never slip to the level they did late last year. So yeah, keep up the good work!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  69

Stability at last for Notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

i was a bit worried that he may be tempted a way from us.

i did not like the 'agreed vocally', it made me nervous as i prefer everything in writing since previous issues at the club but i am just delighted to see that we have him contracted for a further 3 more years!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Good news!

Now the focus can firmly be on who we are playing and how we should play against them. Its a different Notts this season, contracts talks and things like this used to go on forever it seemed and you just knew a bubble would burst from it. Kevin is doing fantastically well at the minute, I hope it continues.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,468
  • Days Won:  18
  • š¯•¸:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It must be reassuring for Alan Hardy and the players, not to forget how relieved it is for us fans.

Kevin Nolan is the type of manager who we would normally expect to be a short stay, if a Notts manager does well they don't tend to stick around for long and at the other side of the spectrum if they do poorly we tend to get rid rather too quickly. The new era continues, that is the most positive thing about this for me. The contract extension is a very good thing, and rewarding the hard work as early as possible keeps the relationship healthy.

And besidesĀ we are a club which Kevin Nolan can gain a lot of experience at. Why would he jump ship to settle somewhere he would have to stay all over again?

Positive news.Ā :D

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Not only will this attract future players i think Nolan can now build a bond with the players on a long term basis. Shows stability for the club and assurance for Alan Hardy that he will invest in someone he believes in.Ā 

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,471
  • Days Won:  15

It means nothing as such.

He is still the manager of Notts County, nothing has changed but there is now more chance of us getting greater compensation if anyone comes knocking. Its good for the fans but the players it should just be a case of normal service.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,940
  • Days Won:  162

i disagree @allardyces tash

the reward is better than just securing a higher payout when kn does leave. it must make nolan feel secure and appreciated which should go a long way to keeping him focused.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It's been awhile since a manager has managed to avoid the axe, never mind earn a new contract. The extension is a massive thing for Notts County!

Archived