Luton 5th May - Would you like to see anything different?

Northants Pie

So with the play-offs guaranteed and with us still being absolutely shocking away from home, would you like to see anything or anyone different for our last game of the season?

I mention the away form as there is a potential benefit to where you finish in the play-offs with regard to a home game at the second leg I think? Personally i think all leagues should adopt the conference way of deciding the games, ie the higher up you finish the less games you have to play but that by the by.

So what would you change? Or wouldn't you? Could it be a player that you have wanted to see from the youth set up? A change of formation or even a change of tactics?

Supporter+

I think Nolan should start with his strongest team available and maybe rest a few in the second half if necessary. It’s important to keep the first team squad playing together in my opinion so I wouldn’t draft in any youth players at this point.

How about us being at the races and maybe winning?

On a serious note, it's always difficult to know how to approach these games - do you rest players to avoid injuries, or do you stick with your core team to keep them together? I think it's likely we'll rest a few of the oldies. It'd also be a good idea to start O'Connor to see how he does over a longer time.

I think we should give Callum Saunders a chance.

The playoff games are going to be a true test of our squads strength and, we'll need to ensure that the best players are rested for the clashes we need them for. If we do well in the leg stages, especially the first game - then we have to see what options we have upfront. I have a fear that our squad doesn't react well to pressure but we need to see who can do what. Give Liam Walker and Michael O'Connor a chance together.

See if Hall and Brisley can lead the defence well.

Fitzsimons deserves a chance to come in and see how he can handle things.

Archived