Freebies the way forward now

Magic magpie

Karl Henry and Anton Ferdinand is what we need along with a new GK. New GK comes first though IMO. But like @Piethagoram said , the money tree has lost all its branches and the budget has been blown. 300,000 for Boldewjin at the moment looks like a complete waste of cash. He's a good player but not justified 300,000 yet at all. And if we have just paid Crawley Town 400,000 for Kewell and Feeney then Hardy might as well write MUG across his forehead.

@samwatto2008In business and in life, you need to make value for money decisions daily. Hardy gave Nolan the budget and I believe Hardy said yesterday, the club delivered on all 5 of Nolan's targets. There have been lots of unsubstantiated hints of interference from the chairman, but Hardy must be feeling it too, backing the manager and being left with a squad of misfits

6 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

, but Hardy must be feeling it too, backing the manager and being left with a squad of misfits

There is talent there though so I wouldn't say they're bad signings. Boldewjin 10 goals 10 assists last year. Dennis 25 goals in all competitions I believe. Hemmings around 15 goals I think for Mansfield last year. Vaughan started against Arsenal in the 4-2 win at The City Ground and stepping down off the subs bench in the Championship to come play for a League Two side. I know Forest fans that would have him back tomorrow with their current situation in the middle of the park.

I don't expect the club to make any free signings, I think it's more wishful thinking on behalf of the fans. I know certain people are alluding to the possibility that two more players who are free agents could come in but there's a key word in that sentence.

I think at this stage Notts has to crack on with what they have.

If there's any budget remaining, it should be spent on a new keeper - without one it will lead to further issues even if the defence can improve.

47 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

Just go out and sign a keeper who is experienced and can handle the pressure.

Jake Kean [Sheffield Wednesday], Aaron McCarey [Ross County]. Both keepers have good league experience and would be suited better for Notts.

If any of these are available still, Harry Kewell should look into them!

If Notts could afford Kean or McCarey they would be good calls.

17 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Karl Henry and Anton Ferdinand is what we need along with a new GK. New GK comes first though IMO. But like @Piethagoram said , the money tree has lost all its branches and the budget has been blown. 300,000 for Boldewjin at the moment looks like a complete waste of cash. He's a good player but not justified 300,000 yet at all. And if we have just paid Crawley Town 400,000 for Kewell and Feeney then Hardy might as well write MUG across his forehead.

I am unsure how Notts can afford such luxury players, Henry and Ferdinand would be major coups for Notts but I feel a keeper is more desperately required,

Archived