Daily Chat Thread - Wednesday 5th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning all, I'm a bit late starting this thread today but I know you are all itching to hear what I am up to today aren't you? No? Oh well, I'll tell you anyway.

I've already been on a run, I was going to run down the canal but the fair is in town with the accompanying travellers, my normal canal run is very lonely and last time the fair was in town a runner got mugged on the canal which is close to the travellers encampment, I don't know whether the two are connected but I don't want to risk it to be honest. So I did a pavement run which takes me in an entirely different direction, I managed to do nearly 6 kilometres in 36 minutes, not my fastest pace but it is quite hilly so I'm pretty pleased with the time.

After having a rest and shower I am now settling down to do some computer work, then hopefully this afternoon I can go for a walk with Mrs. BigTone and then relax a bit.

What has everyone else got planned for today?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Now I'm feeling a little more hooman again it's time to catch up with things missed. Residents association meeting this afternoon followed by a meeting with Chief Inspector for Notts regarding ASB in the ward I'm standing in. A fun afternoon!!!

Finishing moving furniture this am when done on here turning the house back into childminding territory again. Stuff down from the loft etc...

Plus expecting to see Paul Hart announced any moment now as well. Mr Cheerful himself!

In all honesty though, another sensible appointment imo. If Kewell is (and he had made that clear) focused on the first team and only that, then we need an experienced head to run the rest of the club. Someone who will be able to help bring the younger players into Kewells eye line and ensure he is the buffer between AH and HK.

This was sadly missing with KN and the more I hear about the stuff going on in the background at Notts for last six months then quite frankly, Harry K is the best thing we have done in a long time.

Apologies for turning the daily fred into a footy one @Fan of Big Tone!

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

Apologies for turning the daily fred into a footy one @Fan of Big Tone!

No need to apologise @hissingdwarf it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Your comment about Childminding brought back memories, at Christmas when the last child had gone we used to put everything child related away, stair gates, fire guards etc., etc., then get the Gin and Tonic out and just sit and listen to the quietness.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning all, I'm a bit late starting this thread today but I know you are all itching to hear what I am up to today aren't you? No? Oh well, I'll tell you anyway.

I've already been on a run, I was going to run down the canal but the fair is in town with the accompanying travellers, my normal canal run is very lonely and last time the fair was in town a runner got mugged on the canal which is close to the travellers encampment, I don't know whether the two are connected but I don't want to risk it to be honest. So I did a pavement run which takes me in an entirely different direction, I managed to do nearly 6 kilometres in 36 minutes, not my fastest pace but it is quite hilly so I'm pretty pleased with the time.

After having a rest and shower I am now settling down to do some computer work, then hopefully this afternoon I can go for a walk with Mrs. BigTone and then relax a bit.

What has everyone else got planned for today?

First we had Brian Clough walking on The Trent now we have our very own international man of mystery  @Fan of Big Tone intending to "run down the canal":rollonfloorlaughing::thumbsup:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had an appointment today, one of those that really set you back when your not in the right frame of mind because you feel judged.

Thankfully Kate's support got me through it and although I feel low, I'm also okay because I see how much I have improved other the last few months. There was a time without my painkillers I felt I wouldn't be able to walk much, I'm to exaggerating either but although my condition isn't nice - I am learning to live with it.

After the appointment, I went to fetch some first aid supplies and then had a short walk.

I blitzed my finger in a hand blender yesterday, I'm having a lot of accidents like this and I have no recollection of doing it. I'm not looking forward to explaining this one to my therapist but I think I'm blacking out again.

I'm fine and in good spirit, just feel a bit low.

PS. I won't be around much over the next few days due to my hand, it hurts a lot and with fibromyalgia it doesn't help. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I had an appointment today, one of those that really set you back when your not in the right frame of mind because you feel judged.

Thankfully Kate's support got me through it and although I feel low, I'm also okay because I see how much I have improved other the last few months. There was a time without my painkillers I felt I wouldn't be able to walk much, I'm to exaggerating either but although my condition isn't nice - I am learning to live with it.

After the appointment, I went to fetch some first aid supplies and then had a short walk.

I blitzed my finger in a hand blender yesterday, I'm having a lot of accidents like this and I have no recollection of doing it. I'm not looking forward to explaining this one to my therapist but I think I'm blacking out again.

PS. I won't be around much over the next few days due to my hand, it hurts a lot and with fibromyalgia it doesn't help. 

Stay positive buddy everything will be ok. 

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hope you are feeling better soon mate. Take care.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@Chris sorry to read this mate, keep strong. :(

if you need anything or any help please do ask me.

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Bet the girls and @super_pie will help where they can.Chin up kiddo.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

**** @Chris, I hope your okay.

I will be on PON and making sure things are as they should, take some time to relax because you seem under a lot of stress and that won't be good for you.

No blood test for @GrannyPie today and although I'm gradually feeling a bit better I do still feel tired so we're both just chilling watching telly (and on PoN of course)

Supporter+

One of my tasks in the household is to clean the oven, it's not a job I particularly like and tend to leave it a long time until it's filthy, today I've cleaned it using Oven Pride, I can thoroughly recommend it the racks come up like new it's amazing, you put half the liquid in a supplied plastic bag then put the racks in, the rest of the liquid is put in the bottom of the oven and spread over the oven with a sponge, both the plastic bag and the oven are best left overnight, there are rubber gloves supplied because the liquid is very caustic.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

no plans today, i went out for a bit earlier and just looked around the high street in clifton.

now i am trying to help with pon and just watching tv.

hope everyone else is enjoying their day and are okay.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

The wife has decided that the living room needs a new sofa, so we have been all over Nottingham looking at what the options are. We nip into The Range near Meadow Lane and we have the staff walking out with half of the garden products.

Has she found a sofa she likes? NO...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have been back to Leeds today, I'll be starting Uni shortly and I am getting a bit nervous about being away from Nottingham for the first time.

This is why I have only just managed to get onto PON.

My lecturer seems great though, he spoke about trying to establish myself as a writer by embedding myself into some volunteer work and in my free time I plan to write for both PON and FM. I have been busy as of late but I think it would be good for both myself and the sites. It won't be long until I am, so I that is what I have been doing today.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Ouch @Chris, I hope your okay.

Archived