"Dressing room gutted" - Alessandra

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

According to Lewis Alessandra the Notts County dressing room were gutted when Nolan was sacked.

Maybe they should have tried a bit harder to help him keep his job.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/kevin-nolans-sacking-left-notts-1973561

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

According to Lewis Alessandra the Notts County dressing room were gutted when Nolan was sacked.

Maybe they should have tried a bit harder to help him keep his job.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/kevin-nolans-sacking-left-notts-1973561

I have to agree with that @Fan of Big Tone they didn’t help Kevin’s cause which is not fair. 

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

the players cost kn his job and the same people risk doing the same thing to hk. he needs to be given time but we need to be safe from relegation so its awkward. alessandra barely did much to help the situation.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think Harry Kewell is spot on that part of the issue is a lack of fitness.

Some PON members like @Chris have been saying this on and off since pre-season. I think some of the players should feel ashamed by how they are performing, they have to watch what they do and work positively. Lewis Alessandra is a good squad player but he didn't help Kevin Nolan.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Players always say these types of things after a manager is sacked, Lewis Alessandra needs to show it on the pitch and avoid the same happening to Harry Kewell.

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Wilfordpie said:

Players always say these types of things after a manager is sacked, Lewis Alessandra needs to show it on the pitch and avoid the same happening to Harry Kewell.

You’re dead right @Wilfordpie he’s hardly going to say the players were glad to be rid of Nolan. They obviously weren’t playing for him this season and that’s what gets managers sacked.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

As a player he wouldn't say anything different.

No professional footballer is going to speak bad about their previous manager, it doesn't send the right message and it's clear that Kevin Nolan was respected but sadly the players let him down - they continue to let us down too.

Supporter+
10 hours ago, themightymagpies said:

Alessandra can go for me unless he greatly improves, he's a nice player but I don't think he's good enough.

He definitely needs to improve his corner taking or let someone else do it, the corners I’ve seen him take are awful he often doesn’t get it past the first man.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The whole team needs to improve but I feel the players are just low in confidence and some of them are just incapable for lifting their own performances. I would like to have seen Ross Fitzsimons answer some of the questions, he alone has let down Kevin Nolan massively.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Well the players truly let Kevin Nolan down.

Being "gutted" doesn't change the outcome of what happened and I apologise about being blunt but the only thing that can is by kicking starting the season. They have a job to do and they must focus on that.

Archived