Derby beat united at old Trafford

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So Uniteds season of the tumbling blocks continues to fall after defeat at old Trafford in the Carabo cup. A stunning free kick from Wilson put derby back in the game Romero sent off were some of the highlights and uniteds 94 minute goal . Mason Bennett put in a shift and a half almost scoring at the Stratford end but was later subbed off. I think as a former team to loan him was very proud of him. It was a penalty shoot out Derby hit 5/5 penalty’s uniteds sub goalkeeper Grant got near to some but not to be. It was the 8th penalty taker phill Jones who didn’t look confident amidst rumours of a dressing room bust up with pogba who would miss and send United out and heap the pressure on Jose. But Derby played well all match they passed well they took the game to United and much deserved the win rookie manager Lampard for me is on course for a Stella career as a manager if we base it on tonight I felt that united didn’t deserve to go to penalties. Well done and congratulations  @super_ram a great of football and fully deserved 👍🏻👍🏻👏👏💯💯

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Wow, @super_ram will be cock-a-hoop tonight. Congrats to the Rams.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

So Uniteds season of the tumbling blocks continues to fall after defeat at old Trafford in the Carabo cup. A stunning free kick from Wilson put derby back in the game Romero sent off were some of the highlights and uniteds 94 minute goal . Mason Bennett put in a shift and a half almost scoring at the Stratford end but was later subbed off. I think as a former team to loan him was very proud of him. It was a penalty shoot out Derby hit 5/5 penalty’s uniteds sub goalkeeper Grant got near to some but not to be. It was the 8th penalty taker phill Jones who didn’t look confident amidst rumours of a dressing room bust up with pogba who would miss and send United out and heap the pressure on Jose. But Derby played well all match they passed well they took the game to United and much deserved the win rookie manager Lampard for me is on course for a Stella career as a manager if we base it on tonight I felt that united didn’t deserve to go to penalties. Well done and congratulations  @super_ram a great of football and fully deserved 👍🏻👍🏻👏👏💯💯

Cheers @Magic magpieI don't like to see goalies sent off like Romero was though and I was devastated when Fellaini equalised but I am really proud to see my team go to Old  Trafford and not only beat United but thoroughly deserve their win.

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Wow, @super_ram will be cock-a-hoop tonight. Congrats to the Rams.

I'm typing this while dancing on the ceiling @Fan of Big Tone.I'm shattered after kicking or heading every ball.Just need Notts to start winning now.

1 hour ago, super_ram said:

Cheers @Magic magpieI don't like to see goalies sent off like Romero was though and I was devastated when Fellaini equalised but I am really proud to see my team go to Old  Trafford and not only beat United but thoroughly deserve their win.

I'm typing this while dancing on the ceiling @Fan of Big Tone.I'm shattered after kicking or heading every ball.Just need Notts to start winning now.

That I can agree with mate @Fan of Big Tone he will dancing all night. 😂😂 

@super_ram just unlucky or silly by Romero hopefully he will learn from it maybe unlucky. Your team gave a great account of them selfs 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

We will never hear the ending of it now. 😂

He will be extremely happy with that result, at least we don't live in the same house to hear it all day.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

how is frank settling down now @super_ram?

i think this is a brilliant result, really good to see derby beat such a big giant.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I joked about speaking to @super_ram on Twitter.

It's a fantastic win for Derby and I hear the performance was superb, they need to take this into the league and push for actual promotion this season.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, liampie said:

how is frank settling down now @super_ram?

i think this is a brilliant result, really good to see derby beat such a big giant.

FL not only says the right things but actually does what he says.He's giving all Rams players a chance to show what they can do.He's giving fringe and academy players a chance to step up.There's no favouritism or scapegoats.He's got a brilliant rapport with fans.Of course it's not all plain sailing(Rotherham,Leeds) but he perseveres with his idea of how Derby should play.I think a settled team is emerging with a bench that should slip into action should a plan B or injuries dictate.I'm not getting carried away as United were down to 10 men for a third of the game and he will have a real job on his hands when the loan deals expire but for the moment he'll do for me.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Well done Derby County, prove that a rookie manager can gain promotion in his first full season.

2 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Well done Derby County, prove that a rookie manager can gain promotion in his first full season.

Most definitely mate 👍🏻

8 hours ago, Chris said:

I joked about speaking to @super_ram on Twitter.

It's a fantastic win for Derby and I hear the performance was superb, they need to take this into the league and push for actual promotion this season.

It was indeed mate 👍🏻

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Good win for Derby, I thought you had won outright but I see it was on penalties. That would have been nervous to watch!

Archived