Does some "fans" selectively support the club and certain players?

Countyman

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Does some "fans" selectively support the club and certain players?

I have seen players who have been rightfully scrutinised for their performances and players who have done well, yet not quite fitted in with the previous managers tactics get harsh criticism which does seem unfair. I get that people see things differently and that some with have their favourites, I just feel that there are a minority of fans that are quite selective with their support.

This does extend to the club itself, it seems when Notts are winning everyone wants to know but they soon disappear when it's tough.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

People see what they want to see, some times this means logic and rational thinking goes out of the window.

I don't like seeing fans attack each other, as a healthy debate and discussion adds to the meaning when talking about Notts. Sometimes I do feel some talk nonsense and don't really understand or know what they're talking about.

I've felt the same when I was at school, during work and in any general conversation I have the misfortune to hear when out.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

People in the stands who the most vocal do seem to be delusional with the actual game and club.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

I do wonder why some fans decide to support Notts when all they do is moan or belittle the efforts of the players.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

none on pon but some get on my nerves on facebook and twitter.

they just like to moan and call out players for no reason, half the time its baffling but its that small number who ruins it for everyone else.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Some do, just pay attention to those sensible fans and that is enough to help me.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s depressing sometimes when reading some fans views on twitter or Facebook, it makes you wonder why they call themselves Notts County “supporters” they just seem to want to pull the club down at every opportunity but it was ever thus, even before social media you could go into a pub after the game and hear people pulling the club down.

The worse thing is actually at the match if Notts are hitting a bad patch or a player isn’t playing well, instead of supporting and encouraging which is what supporters are supposed to do some will moan and groan and get on players backs, that’s not supporting in my book.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don't bother reading elsewhere, I check Twitter only to read and I don't bother with what fans have to say. I think there's a large amount that think they are better or more important than others. The negativity is awful at times too.

Archived