Nathan Thomas ..a substitute impact player?

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So the on loan winger from Sheffield's starts may have been reduced but I've got to say he’s turned to Notts impact substitute..!

Since the arrival of Harry, Notts have changed the first team players etc. But one player who hasn’t started many games but has become our impact player Nathan Thomas about the 60th minute up he comes on and for me makes an impact.

Whether be winning the ball or setting up a set pieces or being the assist with a goal or chasing dead balls he just gets on with it and doesn what an impact substitute should do. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

We have got to remember he is a loan player and there is no rumour of an option to buy. So with that in mind do we really want to develop players for others gain when we have talent on the bench and under contract. But having said that I do believe Thomas is a brilliant footballer and will succeed at this level.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i would have him starting personally but lewis alessandra has forced his way back into the squad so its hard to see how he will fit in.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think right now it's right that he's a rotational player.

He does well starting but he's not very consistent and right now Enzio Boldewijn and Lewis Alessandra are virtually undroppable.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would describe him as a good squad player, he might not be consistent enough to be a starting regular but hes still a very important squad addition. He can start or can impact at as a sub, either way he does try and works hard.

I think he might be more of a player to bring on off the bench, he seems more motivated and it gets the best out of him.

But there has been times he's done well having started.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

He’s doing a cracking job as a sub you can he wants the ball etc when he comes on .. hopefully he will get another start and continue to impress .. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think he's usually better coming on from off the bench, he seems more fired up and can go missing quite easily when he starts. I don't know, it's not down to a lack of effort but more that he doesn't get enough of the ball to lift himself.

When he comes on as a sub he usually does get the ball as the other players are tiring.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Either is fine, I guess it depends on who Notts are playing.

If there is need for more pace on the wing I would start him, if it's a good time or one where they have older players I would sit him on the bench.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

He looks to be a squad player more than anything but with the form of Lewis Alessandra and Enzio Boldewijn from comments I have read, these are making it harder.

Archived