Match Discussion: Game 16 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

Game 16 - The Robins (H)

Team: Swindon Town

Date: 27/10/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I’m looking forward this one so much ... but the ref better not play a factor it getting tiresome. 

Notts can win this after reading the the next 6 games are winnable by @ARLukomski I think we need to go

for it from the start we need to come out fighting and take the game to Swindon .. keep the defence tight and not make any stupied mistakes. 

But swindon will make us work for it so we need to be care full and not allow them to do what Macclesfield did take the game to us early. 

• Like 1

A draw would be a good result after the two recent defeats but getting back to winning ways would be a good boost for the Notts camp.

• Like 1

think notts needs to balance the defending with the attacking play to get anything here, my fear is kewell will set notts up too defensively.

Depends how you view the season going. If we still have any aspirations of it being a successful season the next six games are all winnable and are indeed must wins for us to make any progress towards the playoffs.

If we are in a mind set of just staying in the league, or making mid table, settling for a draw and scraping the odd win might be acceptable. 

For me, we need to go for it. Give the fans something to cheer about. We need to get the strikers scoring regularly but I worry (although no one can question his heart & passion) Stead’s goal return is not good enough & Hemmings ain’t breaking any pots either.

Swindon are a good side, I reckon after the defeat against Cambridge they will be disappointed with their recent form and will be looking to turn it around here. 

We beat them at home last time out 1-0 and we lost away 1-0 near the New Year so I don't think it will be a goal fest. They are a posession side who look to find the gaps and exploit the pace of some of their players such as Anderson.

They lost Luke Norris in the summer which would have been a down on them but I think they are a team pushing for the play offs this year so will be a tough game.

I went to MKD on Tuesday and was well impressed with Vaughan so I hope he can keep his place. 

Ill go for a 1-0 win to Notts with Stead being the scorer. Important game this. 

12 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Swindon are a good side, I reckon after the defeat against Cambridge they will be disappointed with their recent form and will be looking to turn it around here. 

We beat them at home last time out 1-0 and we lost away 1-0 near the New Year so I don't think it will be a goal fest. They are a posession side who look to find the gaps and exploit the pace of some of their players such as Anderson.

They lost Luke Norris in the summer which would have been a down on them but I think they are a team pushing for the play offs this year so will be a tough game.

I went to MKD on Tuesday and was well impressed with Vaughan so I hope he can keep his place. 

Ill go for a 1-0 win to Notts with Stead being the scorer. Important game this. 

Vaughan sounds like he’s back to full fitness great news

Swindon Town won't be an easy game but it's a good thing that we play them at home, I do believe this gives us an advantage and hopefully a good performance will ensure that a decent result will come.

I will be checking for score updates, no doubt @Magic magpie will help with that.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Swindon Town won't be an easy game but it's a good thing that we play them at home, I do believe this gives us an advantage and hopefully a good performance will ensure that a decent result will come.

I will be checking for score updates, no doubt @Magic magpie will help with that.

If course I will mate no problem 

Can you possess steam @Magic magpie?

Another frustrating afternoon but it sounds like we played alright and created chances so at least there's hope. If the players don't let their heads drop we'll be alright. Let's not start talking about promotion again next time we win a couple though, the season is about making it to safety as soon as possible now :(

5 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Can you possess steam @Magic magpie?

Another frustrating afternoon but it sounds like we played alright and created chances so at least there's hope. If the players don't let their heads drop we'll be alright. Let's not start talking about promotion again next time we win a couple though, the season is about making it to safety as soon as possible now :(

No I agree promotion talks on hold .. another very frustrating afternoon but there are positives as you say mate