Daily chat thread - Monday 29th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN, it’s a frosty start here the overnight low temperature dropped to 0.5 degrees so only just above freezing.

We had a great day yesterday with a rare opportunity to get all our lovely family together, we went for a lovely country walk and did some geocaching and then went for a meal. The four grandchildren were a bit shy with each other to start with but they soon got chatting and laughing it was lovely to see them enjoying time together as cousins.

Today our eldest two are going back home but first we hope to have a bike ride, then the youngest two are coming for a sleepover tonight so it’s all go here.

Glad to hear that @GrannyPie is still improving and I hope @Chris feels better today, we need the gaffer in top form.

Have a great day everyone, come and tell us what you’re up to.

Sad day in general I think today knowing 5 innocent people lost their lives in an air crash accident. 

Not much Ill be doing today, might go out for a hot chocolate later and have a mish around somewhere. 

Going to walk the dog soon so best wrap up warm.

Its starting to get really cold out now which is not something I am looking forward to working on the railway. 

Off to visit @GrannyPie later.Not long ago I had a phonecall from the person monitoring  granny's progress back to returning home.She asked loads of questions(again) about how we managed .I've already been asked this about 5 times and so has Granny separately, by various welfare personel since granny was hospitalised.Questions like how does she wash,what excercise does she get,why don't we have someone come and help.I asked why we needed someone to help when granny and me help each other and if we need any  other help we have family and neighbours.I told her we do the excercise that the physio's gave her(so no need for them on a daily basis)She went on about the need to avoid bed sores and I told her  we know what to do and that she's had none in the last 2 years I've been looking after her but she has now she's in hospital,so who's the better carer?That shut her up.I added that I've got phone numbers of various district nurses if I need advice or help. I know they are only trying to to help but I wish they'd listen and give us the help and support we ask for not what they think we need.Anyway she ended up admitting that we had everything well organised but still asked if we wanted  nurses to visit.

Supporter+

Went on a great bike ride this morning with our grandchildren but now they’ve gone home and we’re having a couple of hours quiet rest before the other two turn up for a sleepover.

In truth these two are harder to entertain and they get up really early whereas the teenage grandchildren sleep in longer and pretty much entertain themselves.

@super_ram I hope you find @GrannyPie reasonably well and make sure you take all the help you need when she gets home because you’ve got to look after yourself as well.

@samwatto2008 I don’t envy you working outdoors when winter comes. I spent my working life indoors but it’s made me nesh and I get cold now.

8 hours ago, super_ram said:

Off to visit @GrannyPie later.Not long ago I had a phonecall from the person monitoring  granny's progress back to returning home.She asked loads of questions(again) about how we managed .I've already been asked this about 5 times and so has Granny separately, by various welfare personel since granny was hospitalised.Questions like how does she wash,what excercise does she get,why don't we have someone come and help.I asked why we needed someone to help when granny and me help each other and if we need any  other help we have family and neighbours.I told her we do the excercise that the physio's gave her(so no need for them on a daily basis)She went on about the need to avoid bed sores and I told her  we know what to do and that she's had none in the last 2 years I've been looking after her but she has now she's in hospital,so who's the better carer?That shut her up.I added that I've got phone numbers of various district nurses if I need advice or help. I know they are only trying to to help but I wish they'd listen and give us the help and support we ask for not what they think we need.Anyway she ended up admitting that we had everything well organised but still asked if we wanted  nurses to visit.

Fantastic news that  @GrannyPie is on the mend that fantastic news hopefully in a few weeks she will coming home. @super_ram look after yourself while your good lady is away

Been a full day today had a decent night sleep then my uncle and cousin poped in  as they were passing and we went to a place that sell catering equipment fantastic loved it could have brought the lot but I have managed to sort rental Out for my business. Then went back to there house for a cup of tea but ended going to Tesco for a few beers and they do a fresh home pizza went back for a hour 4 hours later oops came home made some tea and did some shopping .. now a bit of Pon posting and maybe Fifa sorting my ultimate team 

Well about 10 minutes into my visit to @GrannyPie I was informed that the physios were coming to try and get her standing and into a chair.Considering she's been in bed for over 2 weeks seriously ill I wasn't too confident about them getting her standing under her own steam.Granny was very upser when I was proved correct because she couldn't stand .It wasn't surprising really because the rotunda they were using was different to the one we have at home in that there were no side to it for granny to lift herself with.Talk about making something as difficult as possibleOne of the nurses was very helpful though ,consoling granny and repeating my thoughts regarding not being able to stand due to inactivity.This is what annoys me with some of the so called experts-they always know best ,even when they're proved wrong.They did eventually succeed in getting her into the chair using special lifting apparatus,  which cheered granny up again.I hope the physios realise now that granny needs her leg muscles building slowly before they begin the next stage of getting her to stand unaided.

5 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Grannypie will get there, but it will be slow progress. We will visit her again tomorrow... Missed her the past week. @super_ram

Yes @cheeky~k8,granny's been missing everyone who's been in Skeg too.

Archived