Bird + Campbell off to Grantham Town - not happy

ARLukomski

So Pierce Bird and Remaye Campbell have gone out on loan to Grantham and in my opinion I think this is ridiculous.

Both should be involved in the first team. Bird is the quickest CB we've got and he's an under 21 international. Also looked ok against Lincoln when he came on.

Campbell has shown promise as well.

I don't get that we loaned out Bird to Alfreton last season (who are in National League North) and now we loan him out to Grantham who are Northern Premier League. 

• ARLukomski changed the title to Bird + Campbell off to Grantham Town - not happy
Supporter+

I’m a bit surprised, I’ve not seen them play but from reports I’ve heard they are pretty decent surely better than Grantham but I guess Kewell knows what he’s doing more than I do.

Lets hope it helps the develop into good first team players.

Yet again we send out young players to a sub standard league, I just don't get it. If these guys are going to progress they had to go to a side at least one division higher as this just isn't going to push them in the right direction and could in fact prove detrimental to their futures. We should have kept them in and around the first XI squad if a suitable loan side couldn't be found.

Waiting now for the inevitable "Released list" next summer.

Archived