Pon V The Others

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I have been on several sites associated with Notts County. I have been on the Notts County Mailling list for a long while, probably since its inception in the early days of the internet before forums. I am more of a lurker on there and enjoy reading the various viewpoints of the contributors but I never felt really comfortable posting my thoughts, I tried a few times but didn't get much response and a lot of the posters seemed to be more knowledgeable than me and therefore I felt my input was unworthy.

I tried Mad and posted a few times on there but only got abuse for my trouble and there seemed to be a very nasty element who were only interested in causing trouble, the moderators seemed to allow anything so I decided that wasn't for me.

I then tried the YouPies, which later became MagpieWeb, I really wanted that to succeed and did my best by posting as much as I could but in the end I was talking to myself and the owner seemed to lose interest so I had to reluctantly give in and began my search for a suitable site to talk about my favourite football team and came across Pride of Nottingham, I can't remember how I found it, I think it was a retweet by Mrs. Trew.

Almost from the moment I joined I felt at home, I was a little tentative at first after having bad experiences particularly on Mad but I soon began to feel at home. Everyone is so friendly and I was made to feel that my input was genuinely valued and now it is one of the first places I go to check when I get on line in the morning.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all concerned for making this a great friendly site, to Joe who started it all, to his family who come on and join in with the chat and banter and to all the other contributors who have helped to make this my favourite Notts County forum, long may it continue and prosper.

And if you are a visitor who is just having a look round, come along and join in you won't regret it, I know I haven't.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's several people who make it so much easier, sometimes when it's slow it seems harder but when people like yourself get on board it really makes a different. SDA once made a comment in our chat room, it brought a big smile to my face. I consider PoN to be a showcase of what a community of football fans can really do, hence why I am trying very hard to get our fans to express themselves in different ways.

I'm really glad you joined, it's a pleasure to have met you! That really did make my day.

This community is only better with you and your support, your blogs are enjoyable and I hope there's something there which you can take away. I know I can! I feel this sites change me a lot and for the better.

When we have a few more active posters, that will be so special but having said that I am very humble and honoured by those who do. Weymouth, Muddy, SDA, Dripsey, Super Ram, Liam etc - All prime examples of what we can achieve.

Thanks Tony :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Three cheers for Tony--Hip,Hip,Hooray-He's still useless at predicting :biggrin:

Supporter+

Three cheers for Tony--Hip,Hip,Hooray-He's still useless at predicting :biggrin:

You see, that's exactly why this is a great site and the banter is all part of it, even when it is born from a deep seated jealously. @super_ram is running scared because I got 3 points this week and I'm closing the gap. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Well said - this appears to be a very amiable forum. Just need to find the emocions - thought I'd posted one but

I have simply duplicated a post! The format on my iPad doesn't look the same as the pc, but any clues on the "smileys"? Thanks.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Well said - this appears to be a very amiable forum. Just need to find the emocions - thought I'd posted one but

I have simply duplicated a post! The format on my iPad doesn't look the same as the pc, but any clues on the "smileys"? Thanks.

When you go to make a post you should have like a tool bar at the top, and in the top row there should be a smiley face. click on that and you get a selection of emoticons

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

When you go to make a post you should have like a tool bar at the top, and in the top row there should be a smiley face. click on that and you get a selection of emoticons

Yes - you are right. It works fine on my pc :frantics: - but, sadly, not on my iPad :unsure:

Cheers.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Pies4u it sounds like your Ipad might be detecting the mobile skin, is the view simpler on the Ipad? It's safe to say you can switch to the standard skin. I can't see why it wouldn't display properly, as I have tested on a few android devices.

Sadly it's not currently possible to have the smilies easily selectable via the mobile skin (due to lack of javascript support)

You can type 'em in though manually. I will create a thread, so members can learn them if they so choose to. :)

At the bottom of the site you should have a link which says "Full Version".

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

I have only posted on two, you can clearly see which i prefer. i like messageboards, i find them better to communicate with fans and when there is one like pon its better. best way socially!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

MAD never did it for me.

Its approach is too standardised. As in, the MAD network is a format that can only be slightly edited. Too impersonal for me. Plus I don't really like the style of the board anyway. Furthermore, MAD seems to be full of keyboard warriors. It's like a episode of Eastenders, constant bickering. If not arguing, they seem to spend time correcting spelling/grammar, or a pun-off. 

When I first visited this site, which I stumbled upon by accident, I really liked the layout. It's friendly, easy to use and customised. When I browsed the forum, I found that the user's were actually discussing, rather than arguing, points about and/or relating to Notts County FC. 

It was easy to register and post on here. I never felt the need, or desire, to post on MAD, even after so many years following the posts (Well, Match Ratings threads ;) )

Supporter+

With regard to smileys, I found it a bit annoying that they don't appear in the mobile version but as Joe says you can type the names in manually. I have learned my favourite smileys, here's one :thumbsup:

Archived