Has Kristian Dennis found form?

NiftyNick

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  588
  • Days Won:  2

For the most part of the 2018/19 season Kristian Dennis has looked to be unfit or struggling to get his fitness up, I always felt that he needed game time and carefully managing as we know he's a goalscorer.

Harry Kewell threw him in into the squad with the absence of Jon Stead and Kane Hemmings.

He's done well and has reaped the rewards, a striker thrives on confidence and he seems to be playing with a level of form right now. I think he will be a massive player for us under Neal Ardley. I just hope Stead, Hemmings and Alessandra can return to the starting 11 soon.

What difference has KD made in your eyes? Is he in form right now?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  633
  • Days Won:  1

He's showing signs that goals are there.

He works hard from what I have seen and he's a tricky player for the opposition, much different than Jon Stead and Kane Hemmings. I think Dennis would benefit from being the sole striker with two others playing off him.

If Enzio Boldewijn is injured, I think Dennis may struggle with service until he returns.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

He's playing well with limited service and he fights for the ball.

That's a sign of a natural striker so Notts needs to encourage it and ensure that he is seeing the ball enough to change the game. If he has 5-10 shots on goal, I am confident he will score. I don't feel the same about Kane Hemmings or Enzio Boldewijn, they are very wasteful with changes but Dennis does seem to be in the goal scoring zone.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Kristian Dennis should have been around a lot more than he has been, for me he should partner with Kane Hemmings and Jon Stead on rotation.

At the start of the season he did look to lack fitness but I felt he did alright when he was given a chance, we can't expect him to hold the ball up or create something from nothing. He's clearly a goalscorer, you can see he's eager to get shots on target. I feel both Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell made the mistake of trying to protect him, not playing him won't help with confidence or fitness.

Now he's playing he seems to be wanting to get noticed, you can tell he's playing with a level of confidence too.

I feel there's much more and we have only see a glimpse of how good he can be, I want to see our strikers all in form because it would breed confidence at the back.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

dennis seems to be on fire after he scored his hattrick, he looks like one of those players who are always good for a goal.

i hope it continues because we need it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

@DeadlyDennis Interesting you say this! I think he is definitely on his way. Now we know how to play him I think it would be interesting to see how he would play with Hemmings or Stead with them both up top. 

3 goals and a league goal has deffo done his confidence some good. The way him and Thomas celebrated at Morecambe suggests they link up well together too. I think when Hemmings is back we might have a deadly duo up top which teams might actually fear. His form has recently spiked and I hope his goals can get us out this mess. 

He is a good finisher for this league and is a proven goalscorer so is current form is no shock as I always thought he could provide.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Yes and I hope he can continue it. He's a goalscorer and it's important we give him the right service and play to his strengths. In my opinion, a lot of teams would like to have him in their squad

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

He's in form and I think he will improve, once he gets a goal you can see him pushing for a second.

Notts needs to work on the service and support him better but it's a promising sign.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

He's found form from playing and Neal Ardley will be glad of that.

Notts does need to find someone he can work along side and well, he can't do it all on his own.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think he has been better recently.

Archived