The most fierce derby in England?

ARLukomski

There is loads to choose from, current day I would say Birmingham vs Villa I would agree.

If you're talking 1970-1980 I would say Millwall vs West Ham was fierce. A lot of violence in that game.

Derby vs Forest was awful sometimes I have heard horror stories from an ex-Derby hooligan and what he had to tell me about that match post 1980 was horrendous. 

European I would say it's the Galatassaray vs Fenerbache rivalry. Awful and If i am not mistaken has religious meanings behind it. 

Liverpool v Everton or Manchester City v Manchester United.

I think both Sheffield league clubs cause nothing but problems with each other. Millwall hate Chelsea and Spurs more than West Ham and Birmingham City v Aston Villa is quite tame from my knowledge. Both clubs have firms and hooligans but the footballs never been as big as the four teams listed about.

Manchester City is known as a the club of Manchester, a lot of people I have met are City fans from Manchester and they despised United fans.

They see them as people outside of their city and glory hunters.

There is loads to choose from, current day I would say Birmingham vs Villa I would agree.
If you're talking 1970-1980 I would say Millwall vs West Ham was fierce. A lot of violence in that game.
Derby vs Forest was awful sometimes I have heard horror stories from an ex-Derby hooligan and what he had to tell me about that match post 1980 was horrendous. 

European I would say it's the Galatassaray vs Fenerbache rivalry. Awful and If i am not mistaken has religious meanings behind it. 

I’m always amused that Galatasaray v Fener is a Derby given they are on different continents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That lot v  The Rams-The biggest idiots (on both sides) only come out of the woodwork when things are going well for their club.

15 hours ago, Chris said:

. Millwall hate Chelsea and Spurs more than West Ham

I disagree with this statement. Millwall vs West Ham has been the rival for years. 

12 hours ago, super_ram said:

That lot v  The Rams-The biggest idiots (on both sides) only come out of the woodwork when things are going well for their club.

Couldn't agree more. I don't hate Forest but it's funny how as soon as some money is pumped into the club they all come flooding out and supporting a team that's winning. There average attendance has gone up from 21K to 27.5K so where were these 6000 fans when they were struggling for survival in the Championship ... non existent. 

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Manchester United v Man City?

Really?!!! Some here have been on the strong stuff. City can't even fill their stadium and all United fans reside anywhere but Manchester. 

I can see the fierce rivalry spilling out, prawn sandwich food fight perhaps.

I agree, it's probably one of the most tame games in English football. City like you say only sell out for the big games (United, Liverpool) etc. United is just full of glory hunters and tourists. The only reason people get hyped for it because it's the two money giants going at it. It's the most over hyped game in England because a lot of the fans are only there for the pictures and merchandise. Sky contribute to this saying it's fierce ... it's not at all. Maybe in the past but not anymore.

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Manchester United v Man City?

Really?!!! Some here have been on the strong stuff. City can't even fill their stadium and all United fans reside anywhere but Manchester. 

I can see the fierce rivalry spilling out, prawn sandwich food fight perhaps.

😂😂😂😂

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fight-ancoats-video-manchester-derby-14503786

3 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

I disagree with this statement. Millwall vs West Ham has been the rival for years. 

There's a fierce rivalry between Millwall and West Ham, it's nowhere near Chelsea or other bigger London clubs.

In the 70's and 80's I would agree.

However there's little issue now and both clubs seem to have a mutual hatred for other London teams. Millwall don't like anyone, they'll give any opposition teams fans trouble.

I agree, it's probably one of the most tame games in English football. City like you say only sell out for the big games (United, Liverpool) etc. United is just full of glory hunters and tourists. The only reason people get hyped for it because it's the two money giants going at it. It's the most over hyped game in England because a lot of the fans are only there for the pictures and merchandise. Sky contribute to this saying it's fierce ... it's not at all. Maybe in the past but not anymore.

Have you been to a Manchester Derby? The ones I’ve been to have been fiercer than any of the Florist Derby games I’ve been to. Nastiest Derby I’ve been at in UK was Blackburn Burnley in the 80’s.

Fiercest one in the world is tonight in Madrid.

Fiercest game in any sport I’ve been to as a spectator has to be USSR v Czechoslovakia at ice hockey .

As a match official then the hull derby at the Boulevard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived